Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    semi-fail for palm indeed. I'm still mad i have to basically re-enter all birthdays into google to enjoy this functionality, and even then it's hit and miss if that contact already had a birthday...
  2. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #22  
    So I'm now taking advantage of the new Google / Gmail calendar settings but can't get the birthdays to show up on my Pre..?
    I can access it in preferences to turn it on/off and change color but nothing is showing up.
    'Weather', 'Phases of the Moon' and 'US Holidays' all worked immediately so I'm confused as to why Bday's not working. Tried a soft reset and a re-sync and nothin.. .

    ANY IDEAS? . .
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So I'm now taking advantage of the new Google / Gmail calendar settings but can't get the birthdays to show up on my Pre..?
    I can access it in preferences to turn it on/off and change color but nothing is showing up.
    'Weather', 'Phases of the Moon' and 'US Holidays' all worked immediately so I'm confused as to why Bday's not working. Tried a soft reset and a re-sync and nothin.. .

    ANY IDEAS? . .
    If you know how to choose which calendars are visible on your Pre, I'd start manipulating things there.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  4. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    If you know how to choose which calendars are visible on your Pre, I'd start manipulating things there.
    Tried that and nothing. It's there on Gmail calendar but not on Pre.

    *EDIT*
    Just checked my calendar and the birthday's magically showed up all of a sudden. I added a few more and the new ones are not showing up, yet.
    My guess: it takes google up to 48 hours to sync Bday's with the Pre.
    I'll take it.. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 09/08/2009 at 03:19 AM.
  5. #25  
    I've gotten this calendar working with no problems but without being able to set reminders it's useless. How could Google miss something as obvious as that?
  6. fraz's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #26  
    From Google Help: "Keep in mind that it's not possible to sync sports calendars with other calendar applications at this time."
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    From Google Help: "Keep in mind that it's not possible to sync sports calendars with other calendar applications at this time."
    Lame...they need to make this available.
    And the Contacts birthday calendar is useless at this point as well. I mean who uses google calendar exclusively on the web?
  8. #28  
    For the sports calendars you can use yahoo to add them to your google calendar.

    NFL - Teams - Yahoo! Sports

    1) Select your team.
    2) Go to "Scores and Schedule".
    3) Add to Calendar -> Google Calendar

    This worked for me.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by bitshifter1001 View Post
    For the sports calendars you can use yahoo to add them to your google calendar.

    NFL - Teams - Yahoo! Sports

    1) Select your team.
    2) Go to "Scores and Schedule".
    3) Add to Calendar -> Google Calendar

    This worked for me.
    where is the college football equivalent? i tried thru ical since ncaaf ones don't have direct link to google, but the ical says some teams can't fetch the url
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  10. #30  
    Very confusing if you ask me, certain things not showing up at all like the Giants schedule (when using yahoo add to) but the Yankees schedule shows up, but the times are all messed up and in agenda form i am getting 0:00, I'd rather just use the homebrew app ... so much easier!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So I'm now taking advantage of the new Google / Gmail calendar settings but can't get the birthdays to show up on my Pre..?
    I can access it in preferences to turn it on/off and change color but nothing is showing up.
    'Weather', 'Phases of the Moon' and 'US Holidays' all worked immediately so I'm confused as to why Bday's not working. Tried a soft reset and a re-sync and nothin.. .

    ANY IDEAS? . .
    I have the exact same issue. I can see the calendar on the Pre, can turn it on and off, and can change its color. However, no events show up in the actual calendar.

    Weird.
  12. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #32  
    Birthday calendar is a good move, but is still lacking items likely yearly event, alerts, etc. Right now I have all the birthdays put into my main calendar with reminders set and yearly cycle.
  13. #33  
    That's a great heads up. Thanks for the post
  14. #34  
    So, suddenly my birthdays have showed up on the calendar. They have not sync'd to contacts, but they have sync'd from the gCal contact's birthday's calendar.

    It took about 24 hours. Very strange.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions