1.    #1  
    Hey all first id like to say thanks to the pre/central crue for this very informative and useful site. Anyway I would like to try to make my own app for the Palm Pre(now I have the time since laid off) and would appreciate any beginners info and/or website, books to start with. I am a newbie to the whole linux type stuff but I know HTML, PHP and a few others. Please if u cant say anything helpful dont say anything at all please. So many times I have posted on other site only to get bull**** back!

Thanks All

Have a happy day !
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    O'Reily just recently published a book about Palm WebOS development called...wait for it..."Palm WebOS". It's written by Mitch Allen, who is CTO at Palm.

I just picked this up at my local Borders (and they have a coupon floating around for $10 off any computer book, if you can find it) and it's very well written (at least so far - he could turn into a blathering ***** in chapter 7, I don't know yet).

Here's a link to it at Amazon...Amazon.com: Palm webOS (9780596155254): Mitch Allen: Books
    Quote Originally Posted by lyono View Post
    Hey all first id like to say thanks to the pre/central crue for this very informative and useful site. Anyway I would like to try to make my own app for the Palm Pre(now I have the time since laid off) and would appreciate any beginners info and/or website, books to start with. I am a newbie to the whole linux type stuff but I know HTML, PHP and a few others. Please if u cant say anything helpful dont say anything at all please. So many times I have posted on other site only to get bull**** back!

Thanks All

Have a happy day !
    I am an *****[/QUOTE]

I would check this post out.