1.    #1  
    Hello Pre family,

Today my Pre microphone died . From time to time when I recieve calls I cannot hear the person on the other end. Now today the volume has completely died. The only way I can talk on the phone is on speaker phone. I called and talked to Sprint Customer Service and I have to get a new phone. Uuuugggghhhhhh! I will be patiently awaiting the UPS.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Pre? But I still love this phone!

Later, gicutie
    sorry to hear that at least they r replacing it lol
    The same thing happened to my pre. but it wasn't just that, I also couldnt hear any music or any noise other than a phone call on speaker. Later it completely died and only could hear with my ear piece. I took it to the sprint store and they told me my speaker had gone out and they replaced my phone. havent had a prob with it since.

so you called customer service and they sent you a brand new phone in the mail? or did they tell you to go to the sprint store, get it check, then get it replace? or how did it work?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MIGISMALLS View Post
    so you called customer service and they sent you a brand new phone in the mail? or did they tell you to go to the sprint store, get it check, then get it replace? or how did it work?
    Yes they are sending me one in the mail, but the customer service rep told me if I would of went into the store they may of changed it in store. But she overnighted it, so I should have it tomorrow. I love this phone.

I just called the customer service number (*2) and everyone I talked to was really nice, but I was transfered 3 time. It seems that Pre customers have a special group of tech that deal with us only. Pretty cool.

The only thing I didn't like is that the replacement phones are referb. but I can't live without my Pre "CoCo" lol.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue! Just started today so do you have to go through insurance to do this or is it a simple swap and replace without charge?

thanks!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Nope.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    yep took it in yesterday (Tues)... didn't even look at it! Said, "We are out of Pre's right now but will order you one, should be here tomorrow at 1pm."

Got my new (referb) Pre at about 1:30pm today (Wednesday)... doing all the "syncs" mostly done... including apps... but it didn't have WebOS 1.4 so that is downloading right now!

This makes my 4th Pre since Sept.! Got to LOVE how good Sprint Customer Service is! Love my Pre and my Provider!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem today.

For the last two days, I would go to answer or call, the phone looked like it was working, but no sound. Turned on speakerphone, and it was fine.

After some web searching, they suggested it was the headphone jack. I plugged in the headphone and pulled it out and everything was fine.

It was a mechanical problem with the speaker jack not recognizing that I had unplugged the headphone.

I hear (via the web) that for some folks this was (last July) a common problem with the headphone jack coming unsoldered from the motherboard. My problem was simpler.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nxd10 View Post
    I had a similar problem today.

For the last two days, I would go to answer or call, the phone looked like it was working, but no sound. Turned on speakerphone, and it was fine.

After some web searching, they suggested it was the headphone jack. I plugged in the headphone and pulled it out and everything was fine.

It was a mechanical problem with the speaker jack not recognizing that I had unplugged the headphone.

I hear (via the web) that for some folks this was (last July) a common problem with the headphone jack coming unsoldered from the motherboard. My problem was simpler.

I thought that too tried many different things like you did but nothing worked at least I got another Pre... liked my last one better (No OREO effect on the slider)
    This has been covered before in a few other threads....It's a software problem...the phone thinks it's in headphones mode and the sound out is going to the jack, not the speaker (the icon should be a headset and you can't hear anything)...to fix it...plug in headphones...remember which app you had open last that used sound (either music player, or video player) open it the app...play music or video for a few seconds....close the app...wait 5 seconds...THEN unplug the headphones...receiver should now work.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This is happening with my Pre also, starting around the 1.4 upgrade along with the other glitches. Very annoying when your smartphone ceases to be a phone. Started happening intermittantly, then now it's all the time. I'll try the above procedure out of curiosity but I'm still headed to the Sprint store to resolve. I did notice too that I sometimes hear a little static when I'm plugging my pre into my SUV's 3.5mm aux input jack.

Update: Made an online store appointment and went to Sprint Store last nite. When I told them what the issue was, they didn't even have a repair guy look at it. They just ordered me a replacement. I keep my Pre until the replacement comes in in a day or two. A lot quicker than the last time I had to get a refurb replacement at the store for my launch week Pre.
    Last edited by j_partini; 03/25/2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by drawninward View Post
    This has been covered before in a few other threads....It's a software problem...the phone thinks it's in headphones mode and the sound out is going to the jack, not the speaker (the icon should be a headset and you can't hear anything)...to fix it...plug in headphones...remember which app you had open last that used sound (either music player, or video player) open it the app...play music or video for a few seconds....close the app...wait 5 seconds...THEN unplug the headphones...receiver should now work.
    I tied this a few time but it didn't seem to help. Then I left the external speaker I was using plugged in and did a full erase of the phone. Then before I redownloaded all my apps I unplugged the speaker. Now my phone is as good as new.