Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    It's very hard to keep the screen in landscape mode laying on your back! I find myself waving the darn thing back & forth like it's a model airplane. There must be a way to lock the screen from flipping. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisguy View Post
    It's very hard to keep the screen in landscape mode laying on your back! I find myself waving the darn thing back & forth like it's a model airplane. There must be a way to lock the screen from flipping. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Embarrassed to say, but I have the same thing.

Sort of. When lying on my back (a little propped up with a pillow), I have no problem keeping orientation. However, when I'm on my side, the orientation is actually the opposite of what I want. That dang gravity!
    Yep. I think there needs to be a set orientation menu option or gesture.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I agree...lying on the side, you have to read it sideways, because the PRE doesn't know your orientation, only its orientation.
    I agree. The flux compacitor needs to be fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I agree. The flux compacitor needs to be fixed

I believe it was only running at .89 gigawatts. We are .32 short.
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    STOP USING YOUR PRE TO SPANK IT. Kthxbye!
    I don't think it's the flux capacitor. It might b a loose 7aj66 adapter modulator. The iphone has a better one.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/02/2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Embarrassed to say, but I have the same thing.

Sort of. When lying on my back (a little propped up with a pillow), I have no problem keeping orientation. However, when I'm on my side, the orientation is actually the opposite of what I want. That dang gravity!
    try a little experiment. you first of all put it in landscape mode, then lay it flat on the table (assuming your dining room table is leveled) then turn it the other way face flat.... ok now pick up your pre while keeping it leveled... you will always be in landscape mode as long as you don't tilt it/or weight it left or right. YOu will be just fine. takes a little practice I dont have any problems using my pre in bed. My girlfriend keeps telling me to put the pre down so I can spend some time with her. I have a hard time doing that.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    try a little experiment. you first of all put it in landscape mode, then lay it flat on the table (assuming your dining room table is leveled) then turn it the other way face flat.... ok now pick up your pre while keeping it leveled... you will always be in landscape mode as long as you don't tilt it/or weight it left or right. YOu will be just fine. takes a little practice I dont have any problems using my pre in bed. My girlfriend keeps telling me to put the pre down so I can spend some time with her. I have a hard time doing that.
    Easier said then done...try holding it still and over your head while laying down. You won't last more then 5 mins before you want to turn to your side.

What we really need is a orientation lock feature.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    But the laptop is way to big!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Actually have the same problem as OP
    Maybe the Pre doesn't want to go to bed with you. You should think about its needs sometimes.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    My girlfriend keeps telling me to put the pre down so I can spend some time with her. I have a hard time doing that.
    girlfriend eh?

something is wrong if you're picking the phone over her, mi amigo
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    and what would you suggest be used? Besides its awesome when it gets all hot and wobbly
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Maybe the Pre doesn't want to go to bed with you. You should think about its needs sometimes.
    NO means NO!
    put it on the buglist...lol just kidding i do the same thing its just funny that someone actually put it on here
    haha this is hilarious.

i did fall asleep last night playing spades. we need some better game apps though...
    prop yourself up more.... then your arms wont get tired holding it up
    Easier said then done...try holding it still and over your head while laying down. You won't last more then 5 mins before you want to turn to your side.

What we really need is a orientation lock feature.
    Okay I give you that.. But only because I like the orientation lock idea thus I still have no problems using the pre in bed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast