Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    girlfriend eh?

something is wrong if you're picking the phone over her, mi amigo
    why u sweatin'.. u can have her if u wanna. she was my girl for like 1 night. and she is NOT irreplaceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    My girlfriend keeps telling me to put the pre down so I can spend some time with her. I have a hard time doing that.
    What if I lend you my Pre so you can have one for both hands, and you lend me your girlfriend??

Just asking that's all?

This way you could have one in portrait and one in landscape!!!

Just trying to help my fellow Pre users, nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    What if I lend you my Pre so you can have one for both hands, and you lend me your girlfriend??

Just asking that's all?

This way you could have one in portrait and one in landscape!!!

Just trying to help my fellow Pre users, nothing wrong with that.
    Dude I don't want your pre. As for the girlfriend.. which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    Dude I don't want your pre. As for the girlfriend.. which one?
    Oh please! Give me a break.......
    Yeah I hate that. I submitted a suggestion to allow the user to tap and hold the screen to anchor it while changing orientation.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Lmfao. This thread made me laugh way too many times. Thanks has been given to all of you silly comedians out there in presturbation land.
    Yeah I'm always annoyed by this but its just one of those things you gotta accept I suppose, are there any phones that have a lock feature?
    Please keep the thread alive. The more who talk about it, The greater the chance of getting someone's attention. :-)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    UPDATE: After a couple more nights with the Pre in bed, I can now easily position her into landscape or potrait mode!! Even laying on my side. She's like butter in my hands now.

But if I can only learn to use the keyboard sidways, that would be heaven. Any of you guys can type sideways with one thumb?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    One tip I discovered this morning with regard to this problem
    is that the phone will not switch orientations until it is a few
    degrees from level. That means, if you put it in portrait mode
    and then tilt it 75 degrees to the side, it'll stay in portrait mode.
    Likewise with landscape. What it means for those laying on their
    side (and this really is more comfortable than working on your back
    with your arms up), is that if you just don't lay the phone over
    completely it will effectively stick in whatever its current
    orientation is. If you prop your head up on a second pillow, the angle
    is about perfect.

ian
    Do we really need tips on how..oh screw it..lol
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    One tip I discovered this morning with regard to this problem
    is that the phone will not switch orientations until it is a few
    degrees from level. That means, if you put it in portrait mode
    and then tilt it 75 degrees to the side, it'll stay in portrait mode.
    Likewise with landscape. What it means for those laying on their
    side (and this really is more comfortable than working on your back
    with your arms up), is that if you just don't lay the phone over
    completely it will effectively stick in whatever its current
    orientation is. If you prop your head up on a second pillow, the angle
    is about perfect.

ian
    This is a restriction of the way the browser was coded, not a hardware issue.

The reason is that they have to find the balance between too sensitive and not sensitive enough.

In addition to the built-in test I mentioned earlier, there is also PreSketch (the name may have changed) in the homebrew section. This is a drawing program that you work by tilting the Pre. Basically, it's like a weight moving slowly through sand. The weight always falls towards the ground (gravity), so no matter how the Pre is tilted, the "weight" will fall straight towards Earth.

It's a fun toy, but also a great visual demonstration of how the whole thing works. You might also try the "carpenter's level" program, although that's a little more difficult to visualize, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisguy View Post
    UPDATE: After a couple more nights with the Pre in bed, I can now easily position her into landscape or potrait mode!! Even laying on my side. She's like butter in my hands now.

But if I can only learn to use the keyboard sidways, that would be heaven. Any of you guys can type sideways with one thumb?

Are you still talking about the Pre??
    I find my pre won't even get into bed with me unless I buy it dinner and take it someplace nice Then it just goes to sleep regardless what I want to do. I tried setting the screen wait period to 300 seconds but it's just not long enough

You think I should trade it in? Can I get an upgraded model or wait for 1.2 to fix the whole sleeping deal?
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This is a restriction of the way the browser was coded, not a hardware issue.

The reason is that they have to find the balance between too sensitive and not sensitive enough.

In addition to the built-in test I mentioned earlier, there is also PreSketch (the name may have changed) in the homebrew section. This is a drawing program that you work by tilting the Pre. Basically, it's like a weight moving slowly through sand. The weight always falls towards the ground (gravity), so no matter how the Pre is tilted, the "weight" will fall straight towards Earth.

It's a fun toy, but also a great visual demonstration of how the whole thing works. You might also try the "carpenter's level" program, although that's a little more difficult to visualize, I think.
    Why is any of that relevant to what I suggested? I'm well aware of how the sensor
    works. Fact is, every app that has a distinct portrait and landscape mode, uses the
    same settings to decide when to switch from one to the other and that
    means it won't switch orientations until you're about 15 degrees from level.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 09/08/2009 at 02:11 AM.
    on a side note, can you download video from the net straight onto your Pre and save it?
    You could do different positions with the pre all night long. ;p I heard a story

of a nympho who gave up sex when her man bought her a palm pre.

She saw a text message on his pre (this where he got caught -he didn't lock

his phone) and realized her man had been "double timing" her. So

2 days later she took a picture of herself laying in the bed with me and sent it to her ex. 4 day's later he noticed me and walking up to me

He looked like pissed and I had no idea what he was going to do next.

So I pull my tool and held him at gun point.

I never forget this day.. even though been a lot of changes since June 6th. The phone lives up to the hype. So does drama.

My advice to you all.. Don't let your pre be caught off guarded on your night stand especially with your girl in the bed!
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/07/2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo correction
    Maybe if you would do the dishes your pre would stay in the right positions for you in bed =P

(currently in bed typing this)
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    For this reason, I actually liked how in WebOS 1.02, new browser cards would always launch in protrait mode, even if the pre was currently in landscape. When I'm lying in bed on my side, reading webpages in portrait mode is better than having to read text at a 90 degree angle, which is what I do now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12