1.    #1  
    Well, I've been researching the hell out of the Pre, and I've figured out the appropriate work arounds for the lack of "true" Lotus Notes support. Essentially, I'm forwarding my Lotus Notes e-mail to G-mail, and then would sync to the Pre. Ditto for my contacts (though that isn't active, I'd have to update manually...).

Now it turns out my company is insisting that I cannot get a pre because they "won't/can't support it". They want to give me a blackberry instead (and likely one that is 2 year old tech too...). The only way I think I can change this is to tell them that I can use my pre in a manner no different from a BB.

SO: Is there a cleaner solution to e-mail/contacts from Lotus Notes as compared to what I've described? I wish my company used a more popular Mail system, as I've been fighting with corporate IT for 8 years through various versions of Palm PDA's with this exact same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Pat E
    Are they providing the device for you or just telling you what you can use?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Are they providing the device for you or just telling you what you can use?
    They will provide the device (and pay for service). Thus, unless I can convince them that the Pre is up for the same level of integration (with the same amount of effort on their part), they are unlikely to approve anything but a BB.

Thanks...

Pat E
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEllis15 View Post
    They will provide the device (and pay for service). Thus, unless I can convince them that the Pre is up for the same level of integration (with the same amount of effort on their part), they are unlikely to approve anything but a BB.
    I am impressed that they will even talk to you about a non BB device. Many companies will only allow company owned and cofigured BB devices to attach to their network. Unfortunately if they are unning BES (as most BB only companies are) you probably won't be able to convince them the Pre is an equivalent device since it lacks support for BES. Why not just take the BB and carry two devices.
    i do the same thing you do. i fwd emails to a gmail account, then on the gmail account i have the reply from as, set up as my work email.. works pretty seamlessly and i have no complaints so i stopped looking into it.
    I'd check with your IT security group to make sure the forward to gmail is acceptable.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Domino supports iMap. If your mail server is accessible from the internet, you can sync your email to the Pre.
    New to pre ,based in UK , can Palm pre sync with lotus notes?
    Quick answer is Yes, Pre can sync with Lotus Notes. Several solutions: 1) CommonTime mNote (my current fav). Wireless sync email, calendar. Works great but costs $69/yr. 2) Companionlink, wired solution. 3) various methods for iNotes and Traveler. Not very familiar with them but there are threads here fro them