1.    #1  
    Both me and my wife have Pre's. However I notice that for some reason my Pre seems to have horrible reception issues! We will be standing right next to each other and she will have EVDO with like 3 bars while I will only have 1x with a bar! How is this possible! Or is my phone just defective?
    Phone is defective.
  3.    #3  
    Since I'm past my 30 days trial, would this be a manufacturer deffect? And would it be covered under warranty?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I have this issue intermittently, and find that re-setting the device clears up the radio issues.

Had the same thing on my Blackberry and T-Mobile-- seems to hit once a day or something. I chalk it up to a memory leak in the OS rather than the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Since I'm past my 30 days trial, would this be a manufacturer deffect? And would it be covered under warranty?
    You can request one....you may get a refurb tho.

Or try what the guy above me said.
    Maybe the indicator is just acting screwy.....try airplane mode on and back off to see if that corrects the display...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The indicator itself should not be taken as a an exact measurement of signal strength. Use ##debug# and check the RSSI. In general the Pre has a weaker signal than every other phone I've had in the last 8 years with Sprint. Your best bet is to only use your Pre outside w/ a clear line of sight to the antenna.