Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Although I've never used an appstore a la iPhone or WebOS (etc.), I've been reading many articles on appstore pollution and jostling for space on the front page. I just saw a screenshot of Android's app store and was surprised to see only three tabs: Top paid, Top free and Just In.

A lot of the fuss about the App Catalog is how much control Palm, the mobile supplier or the developer would have...why not let the customer decide? Suggestions:

- passively (for the user) data-mining by matching your purchasing patterns with others (anonymized, of course) and presenting only apps with similar functions / functional group / price on a customized front page

- (actively) have an advanced search / filter saved in your profile, and presented as the front page.

- (semi-actively) present updates to apps you've purchased or looked at recently

Of course, this is basically just what all the other online shopping sites offer, all the way from Amazon to price aggregator sites..is this possible in WebOS, Android, iPhone, etc.?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    prob not going to happen, cause they always want to feature some apps...

Although one of the categories might become: recommended for you.

One thing i wanna see app stores do, is seperate the usefull from the useless..

Like i don't mean all games are useless, but some of the iphones apps are pointless, like the bear drinking one....

The ones u only use for a day max....
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    [quote=nimer55;1864007]prob not going to happen, cause they always want to feature some apps...

Although one of the categories might become: recommended for you. /quote]

Exactly. Still possible to feature apps, but it's in their best interest to feature an app that you'd be susceptible to buy. (e.g. don't present the "Mormon channel" if you've purchased an Islam prayer app)

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    One thing i wanna see app stores do, is seperate the usefull from the useless..

Like i don't mean all games are useless, but some of the iphones apps are pointless, like the bear drinking one....
    "Useful" is of course purely subjective...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)