Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I like the stock headphones that come with the Pre. They're actually pretty good.

    The problem is that if I'm using them to listen to music or my GPS, and I get a call or a notification, the sound is extremely loud... ear busting!

    This has to have been noticed during testing, and I'm sure many of you have experienced the same thing.

    The Pre knows when you have headphones plugged in (the proximity sensor turns off for example), so why can't it automatically adjust ringtone and system sound volumes to be much lower?

    I'm hoping this is something Palm is looking into and fixing in the next update. My ear drums will be much happier (and healthier).
  2. #2  
    or u cud jus turn it down urself
  3. #3  
    Turn down the system sounds using the Sounds & Ringtones app.
  4. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Turn down the system sounds using the Sounds & Ringtones app.

    Unfortunately, it's not that simple. There's no distinguishing a different "profile" for speaker vs headphones. It's unrealistic to hop into you car, plug in the headphones and have to jack with the system sounds so you don't get deafened. They should have multiple profiles like some of the 3rd party apps supplied with Treos. VolumeCare was one of them. Awesome.

    BJ
  5. #5  
    I actually find it perfect. It attenuates the music and the notification then goes off.

    Never really seemed overly loud to me to be honest.
  6. #6  
    what about being able to turn off the sounds comming from the Pre speaker when you have headphones on? So annoying.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple. There's no distinguishing a different "profile" for speaker vs headphones. It's unrealistic to hop into you car, plug in the headphones and have to jack with the system sounds so you don't get deafened. They should have multiple profiles like some of the 3rd party apps supplied with Treos. VolumeCare was one of them. Awesome.

    BJ
    Spot on. same goes for in-call notifications. there should be an "in-call" profile so my callers and myself are not deafened when a notification comes in while on a call.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I actually find it perfect. It attenuates the music and the notification then goes off.

    Never really seemed overly loud to me to be honest.
    It's about the perfect volume if you currently have music playing, I agree. But, I've had a couple instances where a notification came up as I was deciding what music to play, and those ones I agree were way too loud and hurt my ears.
  9. #9  
    turn your ears down!
  10. #10  
    I agree that the sounds should be linked. I would really like the volume rocker to affect the SYSTEM sounds instead of the ringtone sound. 99% of the time, I want my ringer at full-volume, and 1% of the time I want it on vibrate.

    I despise having to go through a bunch of menus to lower the system volume when I plug in headphones, or to a stereo/etc...
    no 'Thanks'
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hblaxplaya247 View Post
    or u cud jus turn it down urself
    Oar u cud lern 2 spel
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple. There's no distinguishing a different "profile" for speaker vs headphones. It's unrealistic to hop into you car, plug in the headphones and have to jack with the system sounds so you don't get deafened. They should have multiple profiles like some of the 3rd party apps supplied with Treos. VolumeCare was one of them. Awesome.

    BJ
    Thanks.

    As you pointed out, it's not that simple. Because once I pull my headphones out, I want my ringtones and sounds back to full volume.

    To everyone who told me to just turn down the volume after I plug in headphones: yes I know that. But doesn't it make sense to automatically turn down the sound when you plug in headphones?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I agree that the sounds should be linked. I would really like the volume rocker to affect the SYSTEM sounds instead of the ringtone sound. 99% of the time, I want my ringer at full-volume, and 1% of the time I want it on vibrate.

    I despise having to go through a bunch of menus to lower the system volume when I plug in headphones, or to a stereo/etc...
    +1
  14. #14  
    When I have headphones plugged in, my sounds come through the headphones and externally.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    When I have headphones plugged in, my sounds come through the headphones and externally.
    Not normal behavior--I'd return it
    no 'Thanks'
  16. #16  
    At the volume I hear people listening to their music through their headphones, I don't see why a loud ringing noise is such a bother......at the rate you are going at you are going to be deaf in a few years anyway?? Hahahahahahha.........

    Although I will admit that having to go through settings to to turn ringer volume up or down can be a bit of a pain, but like always.......wait until the next update comes out and see what goodies are in there.
  17. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #17  
    Apparently this wasn't addressed in 1.2 because I called my wife a while ago...we were talking with her in the car on a headset and calendar event sound launched. She said it always scares the sh!t out of her! Been there, done that. Freaks me out.


    bj
  18. #18  
    so maybe they only fixed it through the earpiece?
    no 'Thanks'
  19. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    so maybe they only fixed it through the earpiece?
    Oddly it never seems to go off unless I'm wearing the headphones. Karma I suppose.

    bj

Posting Permissions