1.    #1  
    So i've taken the WebOs Quick Install route to install VK and had an error reading "Error: An error occured while attempting to run/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst(err1).

Now i was told to delete it and reinstall it, but this route did not work.

Next i tried installing through "Preware" but the error i get at startup is "org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running. " After I press ok, the only thing that i can click on is List of Everything. When I click on List of Everything it just returns back to the main menu.

I am stuck any suggestions?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
  2.    #2  
    Package manager service was not installed... just found it...
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
  3.    #3  
    actually... now i don't get any errors, but I was able to install VK, but the icon does not appear in my phone. I've tried a reset and installed using Webosquick install and Preware.... any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326 View Post
    actually... now i don't get any errors, but I was able to install VK, but the icon does not appear in my phone. I've tried a reset and installed using Webosquick install and Preware.... any suggestions?

What icon? There is no keyboard icon
  5.    #5  
    errr.... so stupid... LOL... it's working
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326 View Post
    There's no icon. Double click the gesture area (black area under the screen), and it will pop up.

Don't get frustrated at not getting the icon, try modifying the script, totally hose that, then decide you need to WebOSDoc the device, install it again, get the same result, then finally read how it works.

Not saying that tha's what happened to me mind you, just don't do it.
    Im getting the same message when trying to install the virtual keyboard - run/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst(err1). Everything else I choose seems to install fine, any ideas please?