View Poll Results: So..

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Has your 1st been faithful?

    53 45.30%
  • 2 and counting

    21 17.95%
  • On a 3rd or more...?

    43 36.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    Im on my second Pre. The first one had a funny tendency of making my txt messages disappear if the text threads got too long and the email screen would randomly go blank. The one i have now sliding hinge got funky after a few days and it also had three dead pixels out the box but i chose to live with the probs. I did a full erase / reset today because my wallpapers section inside photos up and disappeared and now my phone wont jump on a data connection and im literally stuck at the palm profile sign in screen. To say the least im beyond frustrated and i always have issues after i do the latest update. Should i stick with the out of box OS version? it seems to be more stable. I've waited on this phone and being a previous iphone user and an avid windows mobile user but the webos does have me really spoiled because of simplicity. Two phones in less than two months, im going to best buy to get another in the morning.. hopefully third times the charm.
    Last edited by abbot; 09/02/2009 at 12:14 AM.
  2. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #2  
    I'm with my first. I've had no problems with it. I love my Pre.
  3. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot View Post
    Im on my second Pre. The first one had a funny tendency of making my txt messages disappear if the text threads got too long and the email screen would randomly go blank. The one i have now sliding hinge got funky after a few days and it also had three dead pixels out the box but i chose to live with the probs. I did a full erase reset today because my wallpapers section inside photos up and disappeared and now my phone wont jump on a data connection and im literally stuck at the palm profile sign in screen. To say the least im beyond frustrated and i always have issues after i do the latest update. Should i stick with the out of box OS version? it seems to be more stable. I've waited on this phone and being a previous iphone user and an avid windows mobile user the webos does have me really spoiled because of simplicity. Two phones in less than two months, i going to best buy to get another in the morning.. hopefully third times the charm.
    I'm on my second: every time I would open the slider on the first device, thousands of baby spiders would pour out of the device and completely cover my face.

    Kidding! I'm on my first device (launch day), and my SO is on her second - due to the device being dropped on more than 20 occasions.

    I guess before you leave Best Buy, turn the phone on and make sure it works?

    Oh, and I would suggest downloading the Paragraph plug-in from webosprimaryschools.com; it will help you more than you can imagine.
  4. Tubal's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #4  
    Next time, maybe you should do a poll of

    "How many of these How many Pre polls have you seen today?"

    I swear, there's at least one every day on here.

    Don't sit on/drop/shove in your pocket/scratch/run over/give to your dog your pre, and half of you probably won't be complaining about "oreo" or scratches on the plastic.

    Some returns are legit, but did you take your PS3 back when you scratched it? Did you take your shoes back when you got some wear on your soles?
    Last edited by Tubal; 09/02/2009 at 12:33 AM.
  5. #5  
    I'm going to be on Pre #6. Four with hardware defects OUT OF THE BOX, and one had some software/performance issues. I'm way too committed to this phone though, so I'm not giving up or complaining. Just somewhat of a wonder as to why its my luck lol.
  6. #6  
    I'm still on my first n got it on launch day.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Next time, maybe you should do a poll of

    "How many of these How many Pre polls have you seen today?"

    I swear, there's at least one every day on here.

    Don't sit on/drop/shove in your pocket/scratch/run over/give to your dog your pre, and half of you probably won't be complaining about "oreo" or scratches on the plastic.

    Some returns are legit, but did you take your PS3 back when you scratched it? Did you take your shoes back when you got some wear on your soles?


    I've seen the initail poll precentral did, i've also seen complaints about the pre but not many polls sir. Did i say in anyway i damaged my pre? nope! it stays in a leather case and its never been dropped in the three weeks that i've had it. Instead of complaining, i'd like to get some good feed back to see if i'd eventually get a good phone or keep having problems. Im pretty sure that you deduced that your post was absolutely worthless to me and in no way help me to come to the conclusion. I refuse to search hundreds if not more post by people having if all im asking for is a straight forward answer to my question that would eventually lead to an informed decision. Until precentral starts complaining about server space or slower sql searches because people are making double and triple post i suggest that you stop trying to be a self elected forum police.

    Back on topic. i am looking for feedback to lead me to an informed decision... there are speculations as to how bad the pre could be all over the net, just wanna get feedback if no one's had issues or most have. Thats it.
  8. CletusAZ's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #8  
    i'll get my 4th this week when they call to tell me a replacement is in...

    1st (launch day) lasted a few weeks then blown ringer
    2nd same thing.. blown ringer after 2 weeks
    3rd same thing but the inside speaker is also blown and from the box it had a long yellowish discoloration along the right side of the screen
    ..it lasted 5 weeks this time
    Hopefully the 4th will have better luck for me
  9. Tubal's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #9  
  10. #10  
    Still on my first one. Bought mine on launch day and I've had no problems at all. **knocks on wood**
  11. #11  
    Still on launch day pre.
  12. #12  
    Are you guys buying warranties that youre exchanging them past 30 days?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Are you guys buying warranties that youre exchanging them past 30 days?
    you have 1 yr warranty from palm, free
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    you have 1 yr warranty from palm, free
    For anything? And you guys are going through Sprint for it right? I'm worried that ones I start getting from Sprint will have issues as well.
  15. #15  
    yes you can go straight to any sprint repair center
  16. #16  
    First since launch day and still running a okay!
  17. #17  
    no gsm, no pre.. europe..
  18. #18  
    first day launch here in canada,, in fact first one in my area.. zero problems with it.. i am a real palm product person... this is my 4th palm.. started with palm 3 4v TX and now the pre.. never had a problem with any of them.. in fact.. the tx and 4v are still here and in complete working order.. gotta love palm products..
  19. #19  
    There are like 3 exact threads like this one....
  20.    #20  
    today i went back to best buy and got a replacement. it had one dead pixel but i wasnt complaining. While sitting there and having then set up the phone they noticed that the power button was 'mushy'... they proceeded to set it up anyway . After i signed into my profile they noticed that the phone kept trying to turn off itself... they immediately switched it out for another so i guess technically im on my 4th pre. This one has 4 dead pixels but its been pretty good so far. * knock on wood*

    i think im just plagued by bad luck but while i was there, someone else brought in a pre to get a refund and she was complaining about the same things as i when i got my first.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions