1.    #1  
    I have many cool homebrew apps and added tweaks from the WebOS Quick Installer. However I that noticed my phone's boot time has increased significantly. I just timed a reboot at just over 4 minutes.

Does anyone actually know if this is tied to the amount of apps installed?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I think the number of installed homebrew (maybe non-homebrew too?) apps and how long the phone takes to boot might be related. Once I figured out that Preware can sidestep the app space limitation I went a little overboard and right now have over 100 applications installed on my Pre. My boot time is 5:45
    I dont mind the long boot times now....my new boot screens are mesmerizing!!...just kiddin!
    I don't mind the boot times because I rarely see it. I can't make fun of my brothers BB load time, I always had fun doing that when I had my Treo, ahhh memories.
    Yeah, I have about 10 homebrew apps or so, and several tweaks running. I think my boot time has definitely increased, I'd say around 2:30 or so. What's worse, the pre itself seems to be a bit more sluggish, which is really irritating...
    Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and... smell the ashes.

My theme: Minimalist+

$5 app icons for webOS developers!
    Anything longer that the standard Pre boot time of 2:00 is simply unacceptable in my book.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    63 apps....including the built-ins......boot time is 2:10.

bj
    13 homebrews (a total of 29 apps) and one tweak. my boot time is about 2:30
    If your boot time is beyond 3 minutes, you may have a problem brewing.

- Craig
    my stock Pre has never booted up in 2 minutes... more like 4 minutes.
    no 'Thanks'
    I recorded my boot time:

25 seconds to boot down
    2:20 to boot up

I have modded my Pre HEAVILY, which includes CPU scaling and overclocking, homebrew apps, and various tweaks/patches/custom mods.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    is this long boot time normal for other phones like the iphone?

i too have a mesmerizing boot screen so i am ok with it. ha
    love the anti iphone penguin.
    i got over 111 apps plus all the tweaks from 2.03... boot time is around 3-4 minutes but of course i dont reboot till i go to sleep and i also have an awesome boot logo so i dont give a ****
    Boot time is 2:00 even. Running 21 homebrew apps.
    i think the higher boot times has to do with the tweaks and the services u install on ur pre like file manager or flashlight or preware