1.    #1  
    I was completely going to buy a Pre this upcoming weekend, until I saw the blog post about the possibility of a spec'd up Pre. I am wondering if i should just wait or just buy a Pre now. Opinions?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Lol be sure you research EVERYTHING about the Pre

research to find out if it has more than one sms notification sound and whether or not you can turn off the keypad dialer tone WITHOUT turning off your SMS notifications.

And research to find out what the PRE has WITHOUT you needing to download 3rd party applicatiions.
    You gotta let me know....Should I stay or Should I go........Should I stay or should I go now...dum dum dum....you gotta let me know.......I'd go for it. A suped up pre is only gonna be a secret for so long...play around with the 8 giger and if a 16gb is announced you can return it within the 30days.

I doubt that there would be any significant differances to the device besides more flash ram...correct me here if im wrong, but a major revision or suped up specs would need FCC approval, and that cat would be outta the bag the moment it sought approval....

Your already one up here from the others, looks like your asking questions before you buy...Awesome show Great Job!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    You gotta let me know....Should I stay or Should I go........Should I stay or should I go now...dum dum dum....you gotta let me know.......I'd go for it. A suped up pre is only gonna be a secret for so long...play around with the 8 giger and if a 16gb is announced you can return it within the 30days.

I doubt that there would be any significant differances to the device besides more flash ram...correct me here if im wrong, but a major revision or suped up specs would need FCC approval, and that cat would be outta the bag the moment it sought approval....

Your already one up here from the others, looks like your asking questions before you buy...Awesome show Great Job!

I have already Messed around with a Pre at the Sprint store. i really Like the feel of the phone, I think I should have a Pre before the weekend is over.
    Anything i should know about the Pre, Like a deep dark secret?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    I have already Messed around with a Pre at the Sprint store. i really Like the feel of the phone, I think I should have a Pre before the weekend is over.
    Anything i should know about the Pre, Like a deep dark secret?

yea, if you have a girlfriend, she is likely to get jealous!!! Also right now some features need to be activated using Homebrewed solutions. Its a fairly easy process that will yield over 180 Apps and TONS of cool features that Palm did not include. Some they did just did not for the initial launch, others are features other developers have created! Either way Lotsa cool stuff to customize your Pre....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/01/2009 at 10:13 PM.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yea, if you have a girlfriend, she is likely to get jealous!!! Also right now some features need to be activated using Homebrewed solutions. Its a fairly easy process that will yield over 180 Apps and TONS of cool features that Palm did not include. Some they did just did not for the initial launch, others are features other developers have created! Either way Lotsa cool stuff to customize your Pre....

I have seen the Homebrew Apps and the How to's on how to install them, I am still a little nervous about doing that if i get a shiny new Pre. What level of difficulty would you rate it?
    got my pre today and love love love it!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's pretty simple. I did not know anything about it and I did it easily. 9 out of 10 on the easy scale....LOL
    I have seen the Homebrew Apps and the How to's on how to install them, I am still a little nervous about doing that if i get a shiny new Pre. What level of difficulty would you rate it?
    I knew nothing of Linux or Rooting or anything other than Windows, and even then I have NEVER done anything like this save putting programs on a memory card and loading it on my Centro...Look What I was able to do, and this is before webos quick install did the tweaks for you!!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-theme.html

And don't be nervous. Your contacts are backed up, your media and stuff should have its own folder to back up. If you did mess anything up, Palm has an awesome utility that can restore you to OEM. I have had to use it a few times, but it's a pretty simple process....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 09/01/2009 at 10:30 PM.

I was completely going to buy a Pre this upcoming weekend, until I saw the blog post about the possibility of a spec'd up Pre. I am wondering if i should just wait or just buy a Pre now. Opinions?
    My guess is the next thing that we will see with WebOS will be the spec'd down Pixie/EOS. Go buy it. I certainly would if I could.
    homebrewing is simple..I was apprehensive at first because I thought it involved inserting linux command code but just follow the directions its easy...the pre is a fun device my suggestion is that you give it the 30 days and see how it works for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by keenan6 View Post
    Lol be sure you research EVERYTHING about the Pre

research to find out if it has more than one sms notification sound and whether or not you can turn off the keypad dialer tone WITHOUT turning off your SMS notifications.

And research to find out what the PRE has WITHOUT you needing to download 3rd party applicatiions.
    I can tell you now that the Pre is going to be very limited in capabilities without 3rd party applications. Shoot, if no for 3rd party developers, the original PalmOS would never have ended up on a telephony device.

3rd party apps are the lifeblood of a smartphone.