Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I love how we're all praying that the next update fixes a 100 different issues we're all having. I bought the pre last week and besides having the kick *** touch screen and awesome OS, it lacks a ton of things that people with a $40 motorola get. I love the damn phone and the unique design of it, but right now the Blackberry Tour looks pretty good to me.

If you pay $200 for a phone, you should expect to get a battery that can hold its charge for more than half a day, expect to have more than one SMS/Email/VM notification sound, expect to be able to disable to LOUD dial pad tones without having to turn off your SMS notifications, expect to adjust the brightness in the "settings" menu (do we even have general "settings"), expect to adjust the volume to actually hear sounds, expect to be able to SILENCE the entire phone with just a push of a button...

....ALL WITHOUT NEEDED TO JUMP THRU HOOPS AND GO WITH HOMEBREW.

Don't get me wrong, homebrew is amazing and a very thoughtful idea of the people who created it, but come on...we should have gotten this from the start. All this hype about the Pre, but to me it was like a slap in the face

Now I'm done with the complaining. Sorry
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Get ready to duck
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keenan6 View Post
    I love how we're all praying that the next update fixes a 100 different issues we're all having. I bought the pre last week and besides having the kick *** touch screen and awesome OS, it lacks a ton of things that people with a $40 motorola get. I love the damn phone and the unique design of it, but right now the Blackberry Tour looks pretty good to me.

If you pay $200 for a phone, you should expect to get a battery that can hold its charge for more than half a day, expect to have more than one SMS/Email/VM notification sound, expect to be able to disable to LOUD dial pad tones without having to turn off your SMS notifications, expect to adjust the brightness in the "settings" menu (do we even have general "settings"), expect to adjust the volume to actually hear sounds, expect to be able to SILENCE the entire phone with just a push of a button...

Don't get me wrong, homebrew is amazing and a very thoughtful idea of the people who created it, but come on...we should have gotten this from the start. All this hype about the Pre, but to me it was like a slap in the face

If you want to complain try owning a BB Storm. At least the Pre works out of the box!
    $40 Motorola here you come!
    Now go to $40MotorolaCentral.net and have fun!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    $40 Motorola here you come!
    Now go to $40MotorolaCentral.net and have fun!
    I guess I used to Motorola as an example with the different SMS notifications it has over the 1 that the Pre has

... again ... i love the pre I just think it's missing a lot of basic things WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF THE BOX.
    Sorry about your poor financial decision and waste of $200.

I say if you were reading the "hype", you should have taken a moment or two and read the information about the device as well, since every "issue" you just mentioned has been talked about in detail.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Moderators should consider closing these kind of threads. Some complaint threads are useful, but these guys coming out of nowhere with 3 post saying goodbye to us is getting old and really gives the forum a bad feel. What value do threads like this add to the forum?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You're right. It was a bad decision on my part. I'll have to look into other options. Who knows, I might even stick with it.

This is me just *****ing about the little things, I know they annoy you too.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I love my pre, yes it is missing a ton of stuff, but when i buy a phone, the first thing i look for is ways to customize it. Ya, palm didn't give us alot of options out of the box but the ability to hack and customize and root and homebrew with such simplicity is what having a new gadget is all about for me...

The battery life isn't the best but it's a hell of alot better than my treo 800w and i really don't expect my smartphone with it's beautiful display to have the best battery life, that's why i own a car charger.

Normally i stay out of it and just read peoples complaints but i'm bored and decided to chime in this time. Sorry if you didn't get what you wanted on a first gen phone with a brand new os that was just released, but for me, i love it and every day i log on to precentral to see what's newly discovered about this phone and i'm happy with it every day.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    We can hope one of these days people will search the forum before posting (these issues repeatedly posted before) and read up on what devices can and cannot do before they buy. One day, maybe...
    Until then I will keep enjoying my Pre.
    Start browsing web sites on your $40 'rola and see where your $160 went.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Start browsing web sites on your $40 'rola and see where your $160 went.
    again...That was just the example. I could have said HTC, Blackberry, Samsung...whatever. They all have more than one SMS notification sound.

and again, the pre is a great phone, just missing little things lol. You guys are getting way too worked up over this.

I am not bashing Palm or pre. You can't tell me that you wouldn't be happier if the pre had all those things I just said it didn't.

I have done the research and I went with it anyways, knowing that I have the 30 day return policy. I am not losing anything here, just my time complaining about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I say if you were reading the "hype", you should have taken a moment or two and read the information about the device as well, since every "issue" you just mentioned has been talked about in detail.
    damn, you just pwned hiim
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gendur View Post
    If you do it every day then I am sure Palm has heard you. Let's move on.
    Let's hope!

i want to keep the pre.
    Let's hope!

i want to keep the pre.
    you fail and people "attack" you because you said you bought the phone A WEEK AGO. Clearly you know all the pluses and pitfalls, the good and the bad, yet bought the Pre anyway and here you are on a Pre web forum after a week saying you feel the need to return the phone. You won't. you are just posturing plain and simple.
    Pre owners, who bought their phones knowing it's current limitations, are entitled to love their phones. It is after all superior to most in many ways.

I think that I am right in saying that what gets up peoples noses is the *****ing and griping about the phone not having capabilities which have been knowns since day one.

I am certainly aware of the limitations and can't wait for the chance to get my GSM Pre when it is released here.

(For ***** read 'word for female dog'. Apparently it's unacceptable.)
    Last edited by johncc; 09/01/2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: explain ***** substitution
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    you fail and people "attack" you because you said you bought the phone A WEEK AGO. Clearly you know all the pluses and pitfalls, the good and the bad, yet bought the Pre anyway and here you are on a Pre web forum after a week saying you feel the need to return the phone. You won't. you are just posturing plain and simple.
    Yes, a week ago. Within that week I found out the positives and negatives.

I didn't do much research, but then again, why would you research to find out whether the phone has

more than 1 SMS notification
    can't silence the phone with a quick touch/press/scroll
    can't silence the keypad dialer
    ....etc

Things like that shoud have been on the damn phone already w/o me needing to go thru 3rd parties to get it.

like i said. I have 30 days. So unless some kind of miracle happens....the phone is going to get returned.

You guys are just so sensitive I love my tech toys and I'm a geek when it comes new new technology. I keep saying... I love the phone, it's just missing a lot of little things.

Yes I am new to Palm and new to the forums, but in no way am I bashing Palm or the Pre. I am just saying what all of you wish the phone had because EVERY phone on the market today has all of the features mentioned in my thread.
    Keenan, if you just bought this phone a week ago i would give it till 30 days if no up date comes along to get this phone up to date i suggest return the phone!!!! I missed my opprotunity and am stuck with the phone now waiting for it to get UP TO DATE the phone lacks to many basic features palm should've waited a year before releasing this phone it just can not compete right now. by the time the OS is up to par the hardware on your phone will be beat to !@#$!!!!! not to mention there is signs that palm has been working on several different phone looks like palm is not putting all of their focus on this phone
    LMAO He Called You PRETards...LOL..anywho everything the OP said was lacking I have.... ummm the Homebrew people are working overtime. This Phone is gonna be a beast VERY.VERY SOON....
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast