Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Why would you not research it? Just makes sence. You should not complain about something you thought had the features you wanted, when you had the opportunity to try it and see if it had what you wanted IMO. Would you buy a TV blindly? I understand the Pre is not for you, that's fair, but to come in here and just say basically its a terrible phone, is not fair to Palm or Pre owners who are working hard to improve it. They have been up front with the features from the beginning and been trying to improve it ever since. How many phones do you know of that have had 4 updates in 2-3 months. Like I said, if you could give it more time, I'm sure it will have all or most of the features you and many are looking for. You must of liked something about it otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with it to begin with. (I'm not trying to be rude, just don't quite get it)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
    Best post I have ever seen!

Where is the prop's button!
    +1 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    So, if you don't own a Pre you shouldn't complain because you obviously don't know what you are talking about. However, if you do own a Pre you shouldn't complain because you should have known what you were getting into.

It sounds like the only real rule around here is "Don't criticize the Pre. Or, at least start and end each paragraph with 'I love the Pre' - or we will beat you up."
    No, the rule of thumb is you should do this; post the following in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike brody View Post
    this phone is lacking an if palm dont step up htc hero is going to kick pres ***
    ...and then start a new thread saying the exact thing a minute later.

And then call everyone who responds to your trolling BS a fanboy. Because, you know, he's only posting it because he's trying to help Palm improve the device.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm very happy with my Pre.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Why would you not research it? Just makes sence. You should not complain about something you thought had the features you wanted, when you had the opportunity to try it and see if it had what you wanted IMO. Would you buy a TV blindly? I understand the Pre is not for you, that's fair, but to come in here and just say basically its a terrible phone, is not fair to Palm or Pre owners who are working hard to improve it. They have been up front with the features from the beginning and been trying to improve it ever since. How many phones do you know of that have had 4 updates in 2-3 months. Like I said, if you could give it more time, I'm sure it will have all or most of the features you and many are looking for. You must of liked something about it otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with it to begin with. (I'm not trying to be rude, just don't quite get it)
    Again with the research!

You obviously haven't read the whole thread.

I did not come in here to "basically say its a terrible phone". I actually said I love the phone. It's just missing things that a phone in 2009 SHOULD HAVE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Research? "Would you buy a TV blindly?" NO. But would you research the TV to see if you can MUTE it or adjust the brightness??? NO YOU WOULDN'T

It's 2009.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keenan6 View Post
    Again with the research!

You obviously haven't read the whole thread.

I did not come in here to "basically say its a terrible phone". I actually said I love the phone. It's just missing things that a phone in 2009 SHOULD HAVE RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Research? "Would you buy a TV blindly?" NO. But would you research the TV to see if you can MUTE it or adjust the brightness??? NO YOU WOULDN'T

It's 2009.
    Actually, yes, I would no eveything about it before I threw my hard earned money at it!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Oh right.

Now you're just talking out of you ****, just to sound like you're getting your point across.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    whatever...i'm done with this.....stalemate (And it's my way of doing things with my money, thanks)
    Is this thread really still going? I thought us big boys and girls decided from day one to let the whiners have their say and let the threads die since its inevitable they will persist

Someone sage this thing
    palm just have to do a simple update just to get these features to work. stop worrying about syncing to itunes. **** itunes lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Start browsing web sites on your $40 'rola and see where your $160 went.
    LOL!!!!!!!
    awesome OS, it lacks a ton of things that people with a $40 motorola get. I love the damn phone and the unique design of it, but right now the Blackberry Tour looks pretty good to me.

If you pay $200 for a phone, you should expect to get a battery that can hold its charge for more than half a day, expect to have more than one SMS/Email/VM notification sound, expect to be able to disable to LOUD dial pad tones without having to turn off your SMS notifications, expect to adjust the brightness in the "settings" menu (do we even have general "settings"), expect to adjust the volume to actually hear sounds, expect to be able to SILENCE the entire phone with just a push of a button...
    fair enough but to me the awesome OS on the pre beats the very dated os on the blackberry.

i've never had a $40 motorola but but i've had a $100 Samsung and it couldn't hold a candle to my pre. i can't begrudge a person for not being satisfied. But to me, all those things that you listed are not things that come into the equation when i'm shopping for a phone. i'm looking at email, and music, and web access, and does it have a flash, the camera. Like i don't care much about volume settings or wether my notification plays one sound or another. I'm just glad it beeps at all. That's what my last phone did. for me that stuff doesn't matter.
    You're right. It was a bad decision on my part. I'll have to look into other options. Who knows, I might even stick with it.

This is me just *****ing about the little things, I know they annoy you too.
    They don't annoy most normal people enough to ignore the existing threads to start a brand new one just to say "look at me, how upset I am"...
    blackmagic you should have gotten a walkie talkie an save yourself some money
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    man keenan you should have known all of the pretard preboys were gonna take their phones out of their butts and start bashing you!! they are so in love with their inferior phones that they don't wanna admit that their precious little boy has flaws.
    I agree with you the phone is great but needs to be improved, palm reads these threads and I will complain eveyday until palm realizes that they need to step up......I personally choose to seek to impreove my phone rather than sit on it so make your voice heard brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd say that if you're so vociferously agreeing with someone that says for $200 you'd "expect" it to come with xxyyzz, when a little bit of research would have you told him that it didn't, I'd have to guess you (and he) are looking in the wrong place for the "pretards"...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    fair enough but to me the awesome OS on the pre beats the very dated os on the blackberry.

i've never had a $40 motorola but but i've had a $100 Samsung and it couldn't hold a candle to my pre. i can't begrudge a person for not being satisfied. But to me, all those things that you listed are not things that come into the equation when i'm shopping for a phone. i'm looking at email, and music, and web access, and does it have a flash, the camera. Like i don't care much about volume settings or wether my notification plays one sound or another. I'm just glad it beeps at all. That's what my last phone did. for me that stuff doesn't matter.
    Thank you I agree. Those are the things I look for too, but it would have been nice for them to add the things I mentioned.

The reason I kept comparing it to a Motorola or Samsung or whatever is it because a PDA like Pre should include the little things other cell phone have right out of the box.

I did not do the research for such small things as they're really not that important. It would just be NICE to have them. It doesn't even matter whether or not I did the research. I have 30 days to return the phone.

Just wanted to voice my opinion.
    It's like you guys are brainwashed by your phones....

When was the last time you researched whether or not the phone has ONE sms tone or that you can't silence the keypad dialer without silencing the notifications. Or that you have to go thru 3rd parties to get these options?

Have you ever purchased a phone and it ended up missing the things I am complaining about ... ?
    When was the last time? Ummm, let's see... just prior to June 6. The last phone I bought... Yeah, that was it.
    at least it should be able to record video!!!!!
    again...That was just the example. I could have said HTC, Blackberry, Samsung...whatever. They all have more than one SMS notification sound.

and again, the pre is a great phone, just missing little things lol. You guys are getting way too worked up over this.
    New slang word "wee wee'd up" President Obama used that word it means exactly that. I should say you're getting wee wee'd up on such notifications!
    Tell us exactly what you would exact from our response?

I am not bashing Palm or pre. You can't tell me that you wouldn't be happier if the pre had all those things I just said it didn't.

I have done the research and I went with it anyways, knowing that I have the 30 day return policy. I am not losing anything here, just my time complaining about it.
    If you're looking to get emotional about a phone? Neither would this forum or Dr. Phil can fix it for you. Consider getting a wmo phone or a blackberry! As for your complaints... call or write a letter to palm at this number
    Palm Headquarters
    950 W. Maude Ave.
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    +1 408 617 7000 Main Phone
    +1 408 617 0100 Main Fax
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    These guys would buy a tube screen t.v. as long as it said pam and not apple on it.....lol and would probably still sit here and argue with you all night about how it compares with your 1080 plasma because theirs has picture in picture and yours does not. <<edited by berd>>
    I'm thinking you and Keenan6 should hook up. Then you wouldn't have to spend so much wasted time on a forum for a device you detest...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast