Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    Keenan, if you just bought this phone a week ago i would give it till 30 days if no up date comes along to get this phone up to date i suggest return the phone!!!! I missed my opprotunity and am stuck with the phone now waiting for it to get UP TO DATE the phone lacks to many basic features palm should've waited a year before releasing this phone it just can not compete right now. by the time the OS is up to par the hardware on your phone will be beat to !@#$!!!!! not to mention there is signs that palm has been working on several different phone looks like palm is not putting all of their focus on this phone
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I've waited a long time for the Pre to come out. I don't mind waiting longer for fixes or updates. To me it's always been like that with technology. Palm has done an amazing job with the Pre. It's on a whole new OS and perhaps I'd feel the same frustration if the WebOS was older, but it's not and it's only going to keep maturing.
    Quote Originally Posted by keenan6 View Post
    lol thank you. I knew what I was getting into before I started this thread. I keep saying that I love the phone. It is just missing little things, things that you would expect out of ANY phone (even the motorola)

People are just taking this stuff too personal. I know that everyone wishes the phone had all the little things I just mentioned.

Everyone just got the wrong idea from this thread.
    People aren't taking it personal, people are just tired of hearing other people who don't research large purchases in advance complain.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Sure, there are frustrations. Many if not most are addressable in future software and operating system upgrades -- and certainly will be, as the bulk of the requests are rather easy from a programming point of view.

Meanwhile, I so appreciate a platform that is open so wide, the jaw is dislocated.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    What's with all these complainers? They have all the time in the world to read the information and reviews about the product and I am sure they can try out the phone first before buying it. But all they do is buy then complain. Do your homework people!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    Get ready to duck
    Best post I have ever seen!

Where is the prop's button!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    What's with all these complainers? They have all the time in the world to read the information and reviews about the product and I am sure they can try out the phone first before buying it. But all they do is buy then complain. Do your homework people!
    It's like you guys are brainwashed by your phones....

When was the last time you researched whether or not the phone has ONE sms tone or that you can't silence the keypad dialer without silencing the notifications. Or that you have to go thru 3rd parties to get these options?

Have you ever purchased a phone and it ended up missing the things I am complaining about ... ?
    I don't understand the statement "I didn't research the phone." I don't buy any expensive item without researching and with tech toys even if it costs me $50 bucks, I research it. All phones have different capabilities so it behooves people to at least read a couple of reviews before buying and complaining.

I was interested in the Pre even before it came out, but I waited to buy until all the homebrew guys gave the phone the missing things I wanted/needed such as forced roam. With the simplicity of WebOSquickinstaller it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get all those tweaks on the phone.

I'm not brainwashed, I'm perfectly willing to admit what the phone is lacking, but if you buy the phone without researching and reading first it's your own fault. I bought the treo pro with the missing calls issue. Now that's a big deal, but I went into it with my eyes wide open and again it was a hacker who made a cab to fix the issue and that was fine with me. I personally don't care where the fixes/apps etc are coming from as long as they keep coming and I'm grateful for all the people who put so much work into this phone.

If I disliked the phone so much that I felt the need to bash it on the forums I'd just return it and get something else that made me happy.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    This isn't being sensitive. There are like six post like this every week, that drag on and on. I read the ubiquitous "this is an embarrassing time for palm" thread where two guys were running down the Pre and arguing with actual owners for nearly three days and the kicker is, it turns out neither of the individuals even own a Pre. You would appear sensitive too if that kind of ridiculousness was going on in a place that you value.
    These guys would buy a tube screen t.v. as long as it said pam and not apple on it.....lol and would probably still sit here and argue with you all night about how it compares with your 1080 plasma because theirs has picture in picture and yours does not. <<edited by berd>>
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I don't understand the statement "I didn't research the phone." I don't buy any expensive item without researching and with tech toys even if it costs me $50 bucks I research it. All phones have different capabilities so it behooves people to at least read a couple of reviews before buying and complaining.

I was interested in the Pre even before it came out, but I waited to buy until all the homebrew guys gave the phone the missing things I wanted/needed such as forced roam. With the simplicity of WebOSquickinstaller it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get all those tweaks on the phone.
    I agree. I just thought that things as small as that should just be EXPECTED to come with the phone. Seriously, who doesn't?

Yes, thank god for homebrew. Like I said they did a great job with that 3rd party application.
    It's like you guys are brainwashed by your phones....

When was the last time you researched whether or not the phone has ONE sms tone or that you can't silence the keypad dialer without silencing the notifications. Or that you have to go thru 3rd parties to get these options?

Have you ever purchased a phone and it ended up missing the things I am complaining about ... ?
    Not sure if you were asking honestly or not, but when I am thinking about getting new things (phones in this case), the first thing I usually do is try to find a forum/community dedicated to that device and read the general section for a while. You could have found everything you complain about doing that.

However, without people like you (not an insult) that method wouldn't work...gotta have people complaining on forums to be able to research before you buy
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    These guys would buy a tube screen t.v. as long as it said pam and not apple on it.....lol and would probably still sit here and argue with you all night about how it compares with your 1080 plasma because theirs has picture in picture and yours does not. ******BAGS!!!!!!!
    If you bought a TV you would expect it to have a MUTE button. Would you research to see if it really has the mute button?

Every TV I purchased in the last 5 years had a mute button.

Every phone I purchase in the last 5 years had more than one sms tone.
    7/30/09
    I don't mean to attack but I am getting tired of people posting threads over and over crying about battery life, smiley faces and applications that make fart noises. I do understand that some people are experiencing hardware issues which are all covered under the warranty and the protection plan but lets not keep complaining about it over and over. If you don't like the phone than get rid of it nobody here cares so don't post a thread about it. Everybody is looking for different features in a phone, mine is I need the ability to quickly access several web pages at once and the pre is the best for that. Blackberrys are great in their own way and if that is what you need than go for it but please stop bashing my phone.
    9/1/09
    people compain so that paln knows what issues need to be addressed!!! the real question is why do these pre fanboys always feel the need to come to the defense of the phone??????????????????? it's not that great of a phone yes it has potential but it is fragile as hell drop it 3 times before it reaches its potential its done!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I understand this forum is a place to get help and voice your opinions about the Pre, but as it's been said a thousand times before....why would you spent $200 without researching the phone at all. That to me makes absolutly NO SENCE. Do you honostly believe that Palm made this brand new OS and phone and would leave it in the state it is in (I'm tired of repeating this). It is new, like any new phone it will evolve over time (not overnight). Give it time, it will come around and be a GREAT phone!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    lol again with the research...

I give up.

I give up.
    Thats what she said.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I give up.
    Let's hope.
    this phone is lacking an if palm dont step up htc hero is going to kick pres ***
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    7/30/09

9/1/09

thanks for pointing that out gmoney exactly the point I was getting at posted on 7/30 exactly 7 days after the 1.1 update!

fast forward one monthe later..... after 3 updates in a month it has now been a month and a half and still not a single solid rumor of an upcomeing update!

If I had known that palm was going to stop updateing the phone back then i would have returned it before my 30 days expired on 08/12, these minor issues can all easily be tweaked and updated 1 by 1

I never said i don't like the phone I was just telling keenan that if it is not updated by the end of september to return the phone and wait until the pre 2 comes out by that time the OS is will be up to date
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast