1.    #1  
    I notice this when I am looking at a trailer or a Youtube video on my Pre that the volume is so low. I have to literally hold the speaker next to my ear to hear the sound. Which kind of defeats the purpose of watching a trailer. It's either watch the pretty pictures OR listen to the audio.
    Anyone else with this problem? Volume is obviously set to max.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    yes, that is a known issue that hopefully will be fixrd in an update
    Same goes for the volume while using the NFL application to view video news, etc. The volume is insanely low.. But meh. I'm pretty sure in due time there's going to be an application that breaks this sound barrier that we're set with on the phone (if Palm doesn't get to it first).
    I kind of have a feeling they set the volume levels low thinking that "everybody" would be using a Bluetooth earpiece or something. Poor call if so. You might try using the plug in earbuds that came with your Pre to hear the audio a little bit better. I can't believe Palm hasn't fixed this issue yet with an update, of which we haven't had any in over a month now (what's UP Palm?). Note: If you're also frustrated with the ringers volume, there is a separate post on PreCentral regarding how to download LOUDER ringers.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    This is one of the two biggest issues on the Pre for me. We need Volumecare. he other is lack of a comprehensive backup solution like NVBackp.
    Palm, Palm, what are you up to?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Videos have a different volume dial than the ringer. So when a video comes on, max out the volume. It can be quiet though, doesn't help that the speakerphone speaker is facing away from the user. I cup my hand around the speaker, leaving an inch or two of air between my palm and the Pre. The sound then bounces off my hand and towards me, allowing me to hear it much more clearly.
    Wait...are you guys talking about in public or private?

its fine in a private area...not in a public area (i avoid using my speaker phone then anyway).
    While I firmly believe the volume should always be loud and clear -- nothing will ever replace a pair of headphones/earbuds.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    HomeBrew peeps : Is any one working on an app that will allow app-specific volume control?
    could be a lack of power for the speaker driver, or a cheap speaker that distorts--so they lowered the max volume
    no 'Thanks'
    I would love this! It would be great the app had a volume slider in each app with a switch that would make the volume relative to the master volume or override the master volume.

Also it would be nice if the sound app had two profiles kind of like macbooks do where it knows what volume you had it set to when you last plugged in your headphones. I am getting sick of having to turn down my alert volume when I plug in headphones or risk having my eardrums burst when I get a text message.
  13.    #13  
    Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem...
    Earphones/headsets are a decent solution but I mainly use it to show my family the trailers while on the go. Asking them if they wanna see this movie, or that movie, so speaker volume could definitely use a boost.

But I'm patient, as long as it's an issue that Palm is working on, I can wait.
    Still loving my Pre!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by irishquinn View Post
    I would love this! It would be great the app had a volume slider in each app with a switch that would make the volume relative to the master volume or override the master volume.

Also it would be nice if the sound app had two profiles kind of like macbooks do where it knows what volume you had it set to when you last plugged in your headphones. I am getting sick of having to turn down my alert volume when I plug in headphones or risk having my eardrums burst when I get a text message.

Ditto
    Also in Sporint Navigation -- too quiet to hear well.
    Laissez Faire
    it will be fixed or homebrewed lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    After the recent update my earbud (the ones that came with the phone) volume dropped so low that I can hardly hear - very annoying whan a call comes in. The microphone on the ear phones is also low now. What gives?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Low speaker volume prompted me to return two Pres today, and the third one still has low volume. I have decided to just keep the phone, but hope that Palm addresses the issue.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have the same issue with low volume...can't hear videos or music. Now, the volume control does nothing. The mechanical clicks on the micro switches still works; but no control over the volume anymore. Wahhhhhh! I should go back to my Treo.