1.    #1  
    are we going to have to wait for sprint / palm to add this in an update or is it possible an app can be created to add it, I LOVE MY PRE but its the only thing missing why does the stupid instinct get it LAME SPRINT LAME!
    I rarely get voicemail so not a big deal for me personally.
    I doubt this is Sprint's fault, more Palms. Remember they are going to make this phone for multiple carriers. They are focused on features that all the carriers will support not just Sprint. Sure I think they should still do it, but that would mean two versions of the dialer app until the other carriers get on board with visual voicemail.
    is visual voice mail available on any phone on sprint?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    is visual voice mail available on any phone on sprint?
    Instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Instinct

so i guess it is palms fault.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    VVM would be nice a nice feature but I'm just fine without it right now, then again I don't get that many voicemails to begin with. I can see why people that do get alot of voicemail would want vvm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    so i guess it is palms fault.
    I would venture that is a shared fault between Sprint and Palm. While it is certainly something that Palm would have to include in the WebOS software, Sprint has to allow the Pre to use it and from my understanding, Sprint had to license Visual Voicemail from a company named Klausner (who owns a patent on the technology). Sprint had to strike a deal in order for the Instinct to use it. It's possible that they couldn't get such a deal for the Pre in time for launch.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I think that everything that is wrong with the world is Palm's fault. Kinda like that guy who posted a thread earlier about his touchstone breaking is garage door opener.

As for Visual Voicemail - I say that what Insp Gadget says is what I say.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I wouldn't mind the absence of native visual voicemail so much. Services like YouMail or Pinger allow intercepting calls or messages and checking them on the web or with their own native applications. That works like visual voicemail, but even more accessible, and with extra features.

What sucks more is that Sprint won't allow this kind of message forwarding without a per-forwarding fee. That effectively kills such a service. I'm forced to wait for a Pre/Sprint specific VVM.