1.    #1  
    I am a current Treo 680 user looking to move possibly to a Pre since it appears that there may never be another Treo for the Palm OS. Is it possible to sync applications or at least the phone and contacts from the 680 to the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by ispy1009 View Post
    I am a current Treo 680 user looking to move possibly to a Pre since it appears that there may never be another Treo for the Palm OS. Is it possible to sync applications or at least the phone and contacts from the 680 to the Pre?
    Most of the applications that run on the 680 will not run on the Pre, unless you use the Classic applications app, which would require reinstalling the programs. As for contacts and calenders, that is part of the set-up process when you create your profile for the Pre. But it is a one time, one way communication, and you will not be able to sync with your desktop the way you do now with your 680 (there are some third party programs that allegedly do this function, but I can't speak to their reliability). That is one reason why I've never gone to the Pre, I need to be able to update while connected to my computer, and can't rely on the internet.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Getting info off your Treo 680 (being it like my Treo 650) is a piece of cake. You will like always transferring from any phone not have the apps unless you reinstall, BUT it will pull the contacts over, and Im fairly sure the calendar wont be a problem...plus you can sync it with google calendar, which can be synced with the 680 if im correct..so just sync it ot google calendar first then upgrade.

Pre from the Treo 680 is definately worth it (I personally think the 650 was better then the 680 anyways, definately more stable).