1.    #1  
    Yesterday i was at Purdue waiting in the Student Union Building just killing some time while on my pre, i was texting using the OSK and i noticed someone looking over my shoulder, it was some kid with an Iphone. He told me he had been wanting the pre but did not want to get rid of his OSK because he loved it, well after he played with mine for about 5 minutes we ended up going to the sprint store down the street and i got a referral woohoo. I'm excited, and it is all because of this forum and the developers! Amazing, and thanks!
    and the amazing web os lol great story
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Im a tad bit slow but 2 first I was like OSK? But for others and myself I assume you do mean on screen keyboard right?? Anywho did you explain to him the slight rooting or patching rather that it needs for this?

I to would like to add the OSK to my pre but am too afraid of the level of rooting access. How responsive and how worthy is the OSK? Im being patient until it is added via an update (if ever) and am settling for my tactile keyboard for now.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Im a tad bit slow but 2 first I was like OSK? But for others and myself I assume you do mean on screen keyboard right?? Anywho did you explain to him the slight rooting or patching rather that it needs for this?

I to would like to add the OSK to my pre but am too afraid of the level of rooting access. How responsive and how worthy is the OSK? Im being patient until it is added via an update (if ever) and am settling for my tactile keyboard for now.
    Yes i did i even installed it onto his pre for him in the sprint store(after he updated it, it only had 1.0.4, gotta love laptops . The sprint did not even know that one existed for the pre. And i told him to make sure he uninstalls it to be safe before another update.

And for the functionality of the OSK (and yes i mean On screen keyboard) it is very good for being in the Alpha stage. When you type in landscape there is noticeable lag and especially if the haptic is on. But even with that little bit i still respect how far he has come with it in such a short time. In my opinion it runs great, just needs some tweaking! And with it being able to be installed via preware its not that bad to install and uninstll at all any more.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I haven't had reason to worry too much yet about rooting. The few times I ran into problems I used WebOSDoctor to restore. It took about an hour to reconfigure the phone. I also have insurance so I've been a little liberal with rooting.
  6.    #6  
    I have the geeksquad insurance so that was my exact thought. So I rooted my pre and everything and just didn't care lol.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I also have insurance TEP from sprint but call me scary its just something that freaks me out about the word rooting. I just got into homebrew and filecoaster last month in aug, but this pre ware thing scares me LQTM! But I admit that OSK does look sweet! Besides if I have to use webosdoctor wont it force me to start over relinking contacts and all my settings and homebrew apps? I think im going to excercise patience.