Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    After watching the Pre CES Demo I thought I'd be able to bring up the launcher while in another app by starting in the gesture area and swiping up. Instead this gesture takes me into card view.

I can drap up until the shortcut wave comes up, but just swiping up doesn't bring up my programs. Ideas?
    youre doing it right...you have to drag up...not swipe up.
    post the link. you can bring it ip like you said, pulling up the wave and selecting the launcher. That's one motion, and one touch. I haven't seen the vid, but I know I do the swipe up to go to card view a lot more than pressing the button.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Here's a link to the video. It's the second video on this page. You'll have to let it load and then drag forward because he does it at about 21:25.

See the Palm Pre CES demo in HD video

When I do what he does while in an application, it just takes me back to the card view. If I'm already in card view and do the swipe then I do get the launcher.

The only way I can bring up the launcher while in another app is to swipe from the gesture area until I get the wave, and then select the launcher from the wave. Make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    The only way I can bring up the launcher while in another app is to swipe from the gesture area until I get the wave, and then select the launcher from the wave. Make sense?
    You can do this incredibly quickly though. Is there a problem with this?

Unfortunately I haven't seen the video as it's taking forever to load.
    Okay, I saw what you meant. Looks like Palm changed this. I like the way it is now.

If you want something close to that, drag up to get the wave then let go above the Launcher icon. You can get it pretty fluid.
    Swiping up does work just swipe up twice and luancher will come up do it a third time and it will go away . Or just drag it up either way works