Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    On wifi it works fine but when i try remote access from outside my network i can't get past the login screen.

Does anybody know how to disable the login so access will be open and the Pre can stream from TVersity on the latest pro version?
    I run TVersity here on my home network as well and I've messed with this TONS of times to get it to work. Short answer, I don't think it's possible at this time..
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i've gotten it to work on the latest Tversity. i'm streaming a video to my Pre but for some reason its slow as hell. maybe its my crappy DSL.

in the config.xml file i changed
    </listen><auth from="*" path="*"></auth>

to
    </listen><auth from="0.0.0.0" path="*"></auth>

provided your router is set up correctly if you have one you can stream pics and video to your phone outside the network. now i need to set up a static ip so i can always access it.

edit: also worth noting this phone's horrendous battery life doesn't lend itself well to streaming media. i went from 91% to about 75% in less than 30 minutes of a video. the streaming feature isn't worth setting up unfortunately.
    Last edited by winb83; 09/01/2009 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by winb83 View Post
    i've gotten it to work on the latest Tversity. i'm streaming a video to my Pre but for some reason its slow as hell. maybe its my crappy DSL.

in the config.xml file i changed
    </listen><auth from="*" path="*"></auth>

to
    </listen><auth from="0.0.0.0" path="*"></auth>

provided your router is set up correctly if you have one you can stream pics and video to your phone outside the network. now i need to set up a static ip so i can always access it.

edit: also worth noting this phone's horrendous battery life doesn't lend itself well to streaming media. i went from 91% to about 75% in less than 30 minutes of a video. the streaming feature isn't worth setting up unfortunately.
    Wow.. I'm going to have to give that a go. The only thing about it though is if I'm at home, I have TVersity setup to stream onto my PS3 and I get great response there - so this wouldn't really be all that functional for me. But either way - I'm still gonna try the steps you mentioned and see if I can get that to be a success.
    so, how exactly did you all get tversity to work? as it stands, it seems like it's transcoding and then sending, not transcoding on the fly.

Or does anyone else have any suggestions for streaming to the pre? converting files is annoying/unreliable and painfully slow to transfer =(
    Quote Originally Posted by winb83 View Post
    On wifi it works fine but when i try remote access from outside my network i can't get past the login screen.

Does anybody know how to disable the login so access will be open and the Pre can stream from TVersity on the latest pro version?
    when I'm outside my home network I can access tversity with my ev-do just fine. what I do is put my address and when it asks me for username and password I type it then it gives me the page error. All you need to do is scroll to the top of the webpage so you can see where the address bar is, press it, then hit the -> sign at the right side of the address and it should work. hope this helps!
    Can anyone post a detailed instructions please. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work even on wifi.
    Setup the server : check
    add files to the library: check
    type this on the pre address bar: h ttp://192.168.rest[/url] of address:41942: check
    nothing...
    Thanks in advance