Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a very nice young lady named Lucy at Sprint sales. She said she had a family plan with 1600 minutes and all the data, nav, TV, text, picture mail, etc. etc. I could ever want for $110 plus $15 for the third line. That's only $15 more than I've been paying for two $30 and one $50 SERO plans with a net loss of only 150 minutes that we never used anyway. Plus it adds nav, TV, and video voicemail (which the Pre can't do anyway).

Such a deal, I though. I'd have changed planes even if I didn't want to upgrade my phone. Actually its about $40 cheaper than the three line 1500 minute plan I was looking at last week.

So I ordered the Pre! Now all I need to worry about is once my wife sees mine, is she going to want one too? Actually she's got an old Mogul that breaks up, and turns itself off all the time, so she's really due for an upgrade. Hmmm, maybe I can talk her into taking over my old Touch, after I decide to not sent the Pre back of course!

Sprint Customer Care sure ain't what it used to be!
    any more info on this 1600 min plan?

I dont see it on Sprints website..is this a retention deal?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    any more info on this 1600 min plan?

I dont see it on Sprints website..is this a retention deal?
    Call 1-888-882-4030. Lucy helped me, but I'm sure any of the reps can help.
    congrats!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    I just got off the phone with a very nice young lady named Lucy at Sprint sales. She said she had a family plan with 1600 minutes and all the data, nav, TV, text, picture mail, etc. etc. I could ever want for $110 plus $15 for the third line. That's only $15 more than I've been paying for two $30 and one $50 SERO plans with a net loss of only 150 minutes that we never used anyway. Plus it adds nav, TV, and video voicemail (which the Pre can't do anyway).

Such a deal, I though. I'd have changed planes even if I didn't want to upgrade my phone. Actually its about $40 cheaper than the three line 1500 minute plan I was looking at last week.

So I ordered the Pre! Now all I need to worry about is once my wife sees mine, is she going to want one too? Actually she's got an old Mogul that breaks up, and turns itself off all the time, so she's really due for an upgrade. Hmmm, maybe I can talk her into taking over my old Touch, after I decide to not sent the Pre back of course!

Sprint Customer Care sure ain't what it used to be!
    Not to burst your bubble, but Sprint C/S is notorious for misquoting. It sounds like you got sold a Family Messaging Everything plan which doesn't include Nav, TV, ect. I would highly recommend you confirm what you've been given over a webchat session though sprint.com. That way you have written record of what you've been given just to be sure.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    If that plan truly exists, I want it too! I just finally switched from my 4 lines $85 2000 min plan to the $129 $1500 min plan to get the Pre
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but Sprint C/S is notorious for misquoting. It sounds like you got sold a Family Messaging Everything plan which doesn't include Nav, TV, ect. I would highly recommend you confirm what you've been given over a webchat session though sprint.com. That way you have written record of what you've been given just to be sure.
    * Sprint Everything Plus FAMILY Plan
    * Line 1: $109.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * Line 2:$0 Monthly Charge
    * Lines 3-5: $14.99 Monthly Charge
    * 1600 Shared Anytime Minutes
    * Unlimited Sprint Mobile to Mobile
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Caller ID
    * Call Waiting

Monthly charge for service plan
    $14.99
    Plan add-ons for *******

* Nights and weekends starting at 7pmIncluded
    * VoiceMail IncludedIncluded
    * Data/Msg/Amer Roam/Sprint NavIncluded

Is that in writing enough?
    No he didn't. He got the EPRP plan. Employee Plus Referral Program. It's the same as an everything plan, but cheaper. I have had the 3200 minute version of what the OP had for the past 3 months. I pay $149.99 for the first 2 lines and $14.99 each line thereafter.
    * Sprint Everything Plus FAMILY Plan
    .....Is that in writing enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    No he didn't. He got the EPRP plan. Employee Plus Referral Program....
    Ahhh...OK. OP didn't state that. So how does one go about getting a EPRP plan?
    If you had SERO or another discount plan that is no longer compatible with the Pre it is pretty easy to get one of the Telesales Reps to do it. I don't know an easy way to get them to give you this plan if you didn't.

Oh yeah forgot to mention. Any discounts you get from your employer are not supposed to be applicable to these EPRP plans. yet somehow I'm still getting one.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    If you had SERO or another discount plan that is no longer compatible with the Pre it is pretty easy to get one of the Telesales Reps to do it. I don't know an easy way to get them to give you this plan if you didn't.

Oh yeah forgot to mention. Any discounts you get from your employer are not supposed to be applicable to these EPRP plans. yet somehow I'm still getting one.
    DAMN! I wish I knew that. I used to have a Fair & Flex plan with discounts making my three add-a-lines free + free data on them. I obviously lost all those discounts switching to the Pre on two of my lines.

Luckily, Sprint somehow screwed me up and a few complaints later I had a 25% reoccurring discount that equals the three add-a-phones.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I just called Telesales and Lucy offered it to me without prompting. I didn't even know it existed until she told me about it.

She literally said "Have I got a deal for you!"
    I just called Telesales and Lucy offered it to me without prompting. I didn't even know it existed until she told me about it.

She literally said "Have I got a deal for you!"
    Usually when I hear those words, I hold tight onto my wallet. I'm afraid if I give it a try, somehow it'll get screwed-up and cost me more in the long run. I'm happy with what I've got in-place now.

I'm glad to hear that deals are still to be had at Sprint. When they did away with many freebie codes / SERO I was thinking that they were turning into VZW or AT&T
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Usually when I hear those words, I hold tight onto my wallet.
    My thoughts exactly, that's why I refreshed my account info page within seconds of getting off the phone, to confirm that it was the real deal.
    grats, sounds like a pretty good deal. Enjoy!
    Actually its not a great deal. Get your standard 1500min plan at 129. Get an easy 25% discount (just join an organization that offers it). Even with the 3rd line you're bill will be:

129.99 + 19.99 (third line) -25% = 112.49 a month. Your 1600min EPRP plan with 3rd line is 125 a month.

Without 3rd line its: 129 -25% = 96.75 a month vs 110.00 EPRP.

Warning too...i had EPRP for awhile..talk about your hassles at the stores when its upgrade time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Actually its not a great deal. Get your standard 1500min plan at 129. Get an easy 25% discount (just join an organization that offers it). Even with the 3rd line you're bill will be:

129.99 + 19.99 (third line) -25% = 112.49 a month. Your 1600min EPRP plan with 3rd line is 125 a month.

Without 3rd line its: 129 -25% = 96.75 a month vs 110.00 EPRP.

Warning too...i had EPRP for awhile..talk about your hassles at the stores when its upgrade time.
    Unless he needs that extra 100 minutes. 100 extra minutes at .40 per minute = $40 minus 25% still equals $30. So you're at $142.49 on your better plan which is now $17.49 higher.

I do agree that you will have some problems with reps at sprint stores who don't have access to this plan. I have been successful before in having an in store rep activate a new phone on a plan that they didn't have available, as long as the phone was listed as compatible, and they didn't have to make any changes to the plan.
    I just double checked my account. I'm still getting my employee 22% discount on my 3200 minute EPRP plan. I never told them about it when I switched to EPRP so they must have just left my account alone. So I'm paying $140.37 for 4 lines 3200 minutes everything else included. With tax and insurance on 3 of the 4 phones i'm at $175 a month.
    I had two seperate phones on SERO plans. I converted one to the Simply Everything Data Plus package when I went to the BB8330. Then when I went to switch the other phone to the 8350i, I did it in a store. At first they said they couldn't do it due to the plans that I had, but then they remembered that Sprint has now given their (ie, corporate) stores the ability to do that. So I was able to switch the 2nd phone over in the store, and went with the Simply Everything Plus Data Family plan. A little more money but worth it in the long run. I only chimed in since there was some discussion that stores couldn't access the employee plans, and that has now been changed.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I only chimed in since there was some discussion that stores couldn't access the employee plans, and that has now been changed.

Lucy specifically said that I could upgrade my wife's and stepson's phones at the store. Haven't tried so I'm not sure at this point. Nothing to prevent doing online or at TeleSales tho'.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast