Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    It sounds that our friends to the North have gotten our early builds that we in the US had gotten early on. My question would be, would were the build dates for your phones?

If you want to check your build dates, bring up you dialer.

Hit ##786# scroll down to WarrantyDatecode. This is where you can check to see if your phone was ever reconditioned.
    /

Can someone explain what the other specs mean? ie lifetmr, lifecalls. Is that in hours? Ive had mine since the launch on the 27th, lifecalls says 004516 lifetmr says 000208. Is that 4516 calls, and 208hrs? It also says warrantydatecode 08/10/2009. The recondate is blank, and the recondstatus says no. If i'm reading this correctly, someone has put hours on this phone, but it hasn't been reconditioned?

What do you interpret from this?

If I paid for a new phone, and they sold me a reconditioned/refurbished phone, am I not entitled to a replacement/refund?
  2.    #42  
    Frankly I think Palm gave Bell a whole bunch of refurbished phones from Sprint returns. And just never marked the refurbished check box. Mine says LifeCalls 256, LifeTMR 000000. So at least that's nice. 8/15/09 date.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Honestly, i'm happy to get the August batch. The first series Bell has as demos break rightaway, because they are so snug. That is the reason why Palm made the new batch with a lose slider. They had an enormous number of sliders broken in the first 2 batches and they "fixed" the problem by making the slider lose. Of course, too lose is not good also. My phone has a very tiny lose zone, but it does not woble and feels very snug.

As a side note, you said that the reps were amazed by your customizations. What did you do to it? I will have mines root enabled soon, pretty comfortable with Linux.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I was under the 30/30 rule and exchanged my phone 3 times due to dead pixel, oreo, and gibberish msgs and had no problem. They were able to do it with no questions asked. Not sure if it's because i went to a corporate store or not (no commission) but it worked out well for me (if that's what you call working out well)
  5.    #45  
    Yeah but what happens on minute 31?
    The 7 dollar Bell warranty covers physical damage, water damage, losing the phone, etc. However there is a charge for a total loss (either 150 or 250 I can't recall).
  7.    #47  
    Reallynice, the 7 dollar warranty covers everything. Manufacturer's defect is a free replacement, anything else (physical / water damage, loss, etc) is all $150. PLUS there is no guarantee that you get a PRE as a replacement.
    Anyone bell users have software problems? My pre is tight, no oreo or mushy power button... But the launcher lacks sounds/ringtones, screen options, location options etc. Basically all phone preferences can only be accessed by hitting a letter to quick launch them. Tried reboot and it did nothing.
  9.    #49  
    Hi BombSquad, you should try webOS Doctor.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwbellmo.jar

If that doesn't work, use the 30 days / 30 minutes and get a new phone.
  10.    #50  
    Another major update is up. I actually recommend that everyone hands back their Palm Pres. The risks and likelyhood of getting screwed by both Bell and Palm are very much there.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I don't agree. The proper solution is to purchase the Pre at a Future Shop with their $10/month plan if you want to be 100% trouble free. I talked to several reps at Future Shop customer service and they confirmed that the plan will allow me to exchange my phone for an identical one, as long as the repair plan contract is active. That covers the normal fabrication defects (needs to be cleared what) and the battery.

Knowing the Future Shop service, they will never give you a hard time.

Personally, I decided to purchase the 3rd phone at Future Shop without the plan, after returning the first 2 replacement phones with an Oreo issue and many other defects, at the local Bell store. The FS customer service is way better, compared to Bell. I still get a 14days unconditional exchange, no matter what is the case. So far, is been a week I used intensely the phone and it is perfect. I will not get a protection plan because I'm confident the phone will function properly related to the issues highlighted above.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  12.    #52  
    T3CK, I may do just that. The Oreo on mine is bugging be a little bit, but I'm keeping a very close eye on the 30 days 30 minutes thing.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I fixed my Oreo issue, the easy way. I'm a happy camper, zero Oreo!
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  14.    #54  
    Update: Bell just sent me a replacement Palm Pre. Which they weren't supposed to do because I already cancelled that contract and made a new one.

So apparently they do send replacements...stupidly.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123