Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    C40 is a move in chess game, Where 2 pawns black and white are face to face, but the white pawn has to it side a horse, that will take next the black pawn.
    The white pawn with the horse is a Palm device,and the black pawn represents the competitors.

IMO, C40 will bring up more horse power to it device Just for metioning it, with 2 strong features :more storage (16GB) with slot sd card maybe ? and a new processor,faster than the actual one, video recording and a better camera 5 mpxles.?

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think its gonna be a new palm branded explosive, ten time more powerful than C-4.
  3.    #3  
    They are getting ready for a C4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    C40 is a move in chess game, Where 2 pawns black and white are face to face, but the white pawn has to it side a horse, that will take next the black pawn.
    The white pawn with the horse is a Palm device,and the black pawn represents the competitors.

IMO, C40 will bring up more horse power to it device Just for metioning it, with 2 strong features :more storage (16GB) with slot sd card maybe ? and a new processor,faster than the actual one, video recording and a better camera 5 mpxles.?

What do you think?
    that would **** me off if they come out with that cause they should have done it in the first place you know?
    Pre is already their premium entry, I think the C40 is almost certainly the Eos. It's the only Palm phone that's getting any sort of rumoring around it, and the Centro is their aging market segment.
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    that would **** me off if they come out with that cause they should have done it in the first place you know?
    I FEEL YOU ON THIS ONE. I would hate to see something cooler than my pre for at least a year =) ...
  7.    #7  
    I feel what you said guys,but the competition is getting tough worldwide right now and sometimes a company has to react as soon as possible. But this thread is also only a guess.
    I can't imagine that its anything Pre-like in form factor, anyway. I think on that same article posted there was something about the P121, and that concerns me... I bought the Pre knowning that in time, it will be out-cooled by a number of devices, including new Palm devices. I just hoped this would take more than a few months!

As for your proposed changes: I could definitely see them bumping up storage, as 8 gb is hardly adequate as only roughly 6.something is available to the user. Video capabilities will certainly come in an update, no doubt about it. Also, I'm sure they'll bump up the camera soon enough, but 3.0/2 seems to be the industry standard now. (C'mon, Palm, you're better than that!) Also, I'd LOVE an SD slot...

So, IMO, def just the Eos or something like that, but not a competitor for the Pre in the cool department.
    C = Candybar
    40 = 4 GB storage
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    C = Candybar
    40 = 4 GB storage
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    LOL. I love guesswork masquerading as knowledge.

That's why the Pre is coded S80, for Slider and 8 MB, right? Oh, wait. It's not.

FWIW, I doubt Palm or Sprint are engaging in chess metaphors, either.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    C = Candybar
    40 = 4 GB storage
    Quite probable, since that describes the leaked specs of EOS/Pixie
    If it has a touch screen and sells for $99 it will be a hit. I think it would be a much better phone for normal users than a BlackBerry. Physical Keyboard, Great Browser, Hopefully a bunch of upcoming Apps.
    P100 - Sprint Pre 8gb
    P101 - VZW Pre 8gb
    P120 - Sprint Pre 16gb
    P121 - VZW Pre 16gb
    C40 - Eos 4gb (Centro replacement)

It just makes sense. The only inconsistency is in the naming of the c40, based on the Pre have a 1 number difference between its VZW and Sprint model number you would expect it to be entered as c40/c41.

or

P100 - Sprint Pre 8gb
    P101 - VZW Pre 8gb
    P120 - Sprint Pre 8gb (No camera)
    P121 - VZW Pre 8gb (No camera)

This is a less exciting possibility, but both carriers have a history of offering some business oriented smartphones in non camera versions with a slightly different model number. It also accounts for the inconsistency in the c40 model number. The Eos would only be available with a camera as it is a low end, consumer focused item.
    Is Eos a for-sure name? I don't know why, but I kinda hope Palm keeps the Centro namesake.
    C = Castle?
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Is Eos a for-sure name? I don't know why, but I kinda hope Palm keeps the Centro namesake.
    just a code name AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    P100 - Sprint Pre 8gb
    P101 - VZW Pre 8gb
    P120 - Sprint Pre 16gb
    P121 - VZW Pre 16gb

It just makes sense. The only inconsistency is in the naming of the c40, based on the Pre have a 1 number difference between its VZW and Sprint model number you would expect it to be entered as c40/c41.

or

P100 - Sprint Pre 8gb
    P101 - VZW Pre 8gb
    P120 - Sprint Pre 8gb (No camera)
    P121 - VZW Pre 8gb (No camera)

This is a less exciting possibility, but both carriers have a history of offering some business oriented smartphones in non camera versions with a slightly different model number. It also accounts for the inconsistency in the c40 model number. The Eos would only be available with a camera as it is a low end, consumer focused item.
    OR:
    We have the following :
    P=Palm
    SPRINT P-100 Pre 8GB, processor 600mhz No sd card slot
    P-120
    P-C40

VERIZON P-101 Pre 8GB, processor 600Mhz No sd card lot
    P-121

p-120 AND p-121 are the same devices for both carriers

Guessing: If C40 is a 4GB Eos then this P-120/121 is a new Pre better than the first one IMO more storage

I hope a Palm WebOs OS, IMO it would be a big mistake if this is a Windows mobile version.

If this 120/121 is windows mobile device then C40 is a 16GB.

If C40 is definitely a 4GB Eos then what is 120/121?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    OR:
    We have the following :
    P=Palm
    SPRINT P-100 Pre 8GB, processor 600mhz No sd card slot
    P-120
    P-C40

VERIZON P-101 Pre 8GB, processor 600Mhz No sd card lot
    P-121

p-120 AND p-121 are the same devices for both carriers

Guessing: If C40 is a 4GB Eos then this P-120/121 is a new Pre better than the first one IMO more storage

I hope a Palm WebOs OS, IMO it would be a big mistake if this is a Windows mobile version.

Except the Verizon listing has the following: Palm P101 (it can't be PalmPalm101), but the 121 in Verizon is listed as only Palm 121, no P.

http://www.precentral.net/mystery-pa...ly-pre-and-eos

Likewise or similarly Sprint simply has Palm100, Palm120, PalmC40.

The C is the only real differentiation.

I love guessing games like this.

BTW, a reminder to really screw with everyone's game here. The original code name for the Eos is Pixie, supposedly. What if Pixie is the real name and Eos the code? Either way neither relates to the C, but it could relate to Pre or P, as in yet another iteration.
    OR:

I just have a feeling we've seen the last Palm Winmobile Device....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast