1.    #1  
    Go to mobilespeedtest.com and do a test on the 1mb download. Post your speeds and let's compare to see how our network matches up to our southerly neighbours.

Reception: 4 bars EVDO
    Bandwidth: 293kbps (36.63KB/sec)

I ran it three times, once i hit about 360kbps the other time it was around 200, so I took the result in the middle.

EDIT: Ran the test in a 5-bar area and averaged about 350kbps (~44KB/sec)
    Last edited by neville; 08/31/2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: better reception
    Just did a quick 1MB test.

Bandwidth: 1428kb/s
    Last edited by TheLastOne; 08/31/2009 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Go to mobilespeedtest.com and do a test on the 1mb download. Post your speeds and let's compare to see how our network matches up to our southerly neighbours.

Bandwidth: 293kbps (36.63KB/sec)

I ran it three times, once i hit about 360kbps the other time it was around 200, so I took the result in the middle.

EDIT: Ran the test in a 5-bar area and averaged about 350kbps (~44KB/sec)
    I hope you're in a slow area because if not you aren't anywhere near you "neighbors to the south"

I just tested mine and got 1.57 mbps (200 KB/sec) and that's a lower than usual test for full signal. The fastest I've seen mine was 350 KB/sec.

edit: I don't mean to **** all over your thread, I just think (hope) your tests aren't representative of Bell.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    5 bars EV

Transferred 1024 in 4.221 seconds
    1.90 MPS
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It really depends where you are and what network is in your area. You might have EVDO available but Rev. A isn't available in all areas.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    My results for a 1MB transfer on EVDO, (WiFi Off, Montreal):
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I got 100kbps on the nose.

5 Bars EVDO.

I think something is wrong with my phone, it used to be really fast (a week ago when I first got it) and now I need to be on WIFI to even watch Youtube without constant buffering. The first few days I had it, it would load an HD Youtube video without buffering once on EVDO.

Also, my power button is toast, the touchscreen only works with the miniUSB cable plugged in, and the keyboard only works every once and a while. Never dropped nor abused! I'm not a happy Bell Palm Pre fan so far, hopefully my replacement will be better. Other than the hardware issues I love the phone.