1.    #1  
    I've been stuck with the "next" button dimmed for 20 minutes now! And yes I have already refered to Palm's FAQ:

Palm - FAQs about the webOS Doctor

For anyone who has used webos doctor, how long did it actually take for the restore to occur? The Pre is still functional during the process etc. I'm getting a bit impatient!!

FYI: For those wondering I did the webosdoctor restore because I think I fubar'd the keyboard install via command and lost the original backup files.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Not more than 30mins
    I recommend this first:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

If that doesn't help solve your problem, then here's some more steps. When the next button is dimmed, the program isn't even affecting your Pre. It's just a common error with connecting with the Pre. When you click that button (although you're unable to), it will then proceed with reinstalling the OS. The process usually takes 15 minutes.

To fix the "dimmed next button", then

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

Source: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...or-issues.html

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Abyssul, ditto the source. Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Abyssul, ditto the source. Thx.
    Of course. You took the time to type it out. I'm just referencing it.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I recommend this first:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

If that doesn't help solve your problem, then here's some more steps. When the next button is dimmed, the program isn't even affecting your Pre. It's just a common error with connecting with the Pre. When you click that button (although you're unable to), it will then proceed with reinstalling the OS. The process usually takes 15 minutes.

To fix the "dimmed next button", then

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

Source: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...or-issues.html
    Thank you Abyssul That was very helpful!!

I think i would have been stuck there forever if not for your post! I will refer to your other post regarding restoring individual files next time!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Thank you Abyssul That was very helpful!!

I think i would have been stuck there forever if not for your post! I will refer to your other post regarding restoring individual files next time!
    Glad to be of assistance.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Your instructions worked and my Pre is back to normal. *sigh*
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I love a happy ending.