Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    A lot of my contacts have told me that a lot of times they receive text messages that includes the @ sign after every letter of every word.

This happens to international, local and long distance text messages? I never had that problem with my previous Treo.

Please help me.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I received a txt from someone this weekend that had that. she was using an iphone 3gs. i thought it was her
    I also get the @a@ from one iphone user. I've never heard of any text receiver complaining about said issue when I'm the sender.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    It has happened to me many times, some of my friends just don't reply whenever they received one of those. They even joke about the, "hieroglyphics".
    When I received messages like that I asked my friend. She too was an iPhone user. What she told me was that she was using those Emoji smileys that are on the iPhone. Since the Pre doesn't have or recognize those characters, it defaults it to a @ symbol.

As far as to why other people get it when text messages are sent from a Pre...I have no clue.
    Follow Me On

yeah when I was on iphone crack, and used an international keyboard, the @ would pop up all over the text message.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Well, I used this letter " " In some of my text msj, I don't know what else could be the cause.
    The exact same thing has happened to two of my contacts. When i send them a text multiple @ symbols are separating each letter. They say it only happens to text messages that they recieve from me. So I guess it's either sprint or the pre that's having issues, however I never had this problem with my moto q or my htc touch so I'm guessing something's going on with the pre. I hope someone figures it out.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    my mom has a iphone and she has to take her signature off when she texts me or I get that does your signature have a funny letter or something in it that maybe your friends phone cant decipher
    No, not unless the pre puts one on by default. I checked the preferences and it doesn't look like there is any signature option.
    Gianny, is the pre set to spanish language in the regional settings? If it is try setting it to english to see if that helps.
    I looked into this a bit. webOS is having trouble with SMS messages encoded with the UTF-16 alphabet. The '@' is actually a null byte from two-byte UTF-16 character. UTF-16, because of its large size, is really only used with multilingual text messages where extended character support is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    My language is set to "ENGLISH" on the regional settings.
    Just today I had a Iphoner text me and I got all that @@@w@@@e@@@ crap too. She commented that it was her Iphone and not the Pre. Guess it was the Pre not reading the Iphone code.