1.    #1  
    I purchased a cheap case from Sak.Gaming for $4.95 (see thread)

I then drilled 2 small holes in the lower right hand corner of the bottom piece, threaded my old lanyard through the new holes and snap the back on.

Seems to work pretty well.

I am guessing this will work with the Innocase from Seidio too...but I did't wan to try it on a $30 case.

Notes:
    - I am sure I weakened the case by drilling the two holes in it...the question is how much weaker is it?
    - the lanyard is attached to the case, not the phone. I think it will prevent me from accidently dropping my phone if I have the lanyard wrapped around my wrist, but I don't think it would stay on if I treated the pre like a yo-yo.
    - I contacted Seidio to see if they had plans to add a lanyard hole to their case...I haven't heard anything back.
    - I thought about trying this on the battery cover...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    cool tweak. probably useful for a lot of ppl, except me. I dun think ill need a lanyard cuz i baby my phone.
    I can't imagine the plastic case will support the weight of the Pre like that for too long, even assuming it doesn't pop off the moment your Pre gets loose.

Every decent lanyard I've ever seen on a relatively heavy gadget has the lanyard on a piece of metal for more strength.
    I was waiting for a picture of yarn duct taped to your Pre. This is a little better.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 08/31/2009 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    - I thought about trying this on the battery cover...
    Clever idea on the case, but i wouldn't do it on the battery cover. I have a feeling the back would just pop right off if you used the landyard around your wrist to try and catch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I was waiting for a picture of yarn duct tapped to your Pre. This is a little better.
    LOL!