Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I'll begin by saying I am quite pleased with my Pre. I am confident more software will be released and the homebrew community is active and responsive. There are a few small issues I'd like to see resolved, but they are minor. The OS and its inherent openness are awesome.

There are a couple of physical concerns I have about the device in terms of build quality though. We have heard loads about battery life, Oreo effects, scratching, and failures of hardware. I decided to post a few pics illustrating my scratching issues and Oreo problem.

The first pic shows the scratching on the bottom edge below the keyboard caused by the slider. The second image shows the Oreo effect (not too bad so far, I have seen worse). The third shows the scratch on the mirror due to the slider. I could not capture the scratches on the top edge above the mirror, but they are present as well.

Post your pics and lets show Palm what is happening to our devices under normal wear and tear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pics 1 and 3. Have those problems. Pic 2 - no. I would take pictures, but I would have to do that in front of the mirror in the bathroom at work.... not going to do that.
    Well, I have a tiny bit of wiggle when closed, no huge deal, but I assume it will get worse with time.

Also, my power button doesn't have the click that I'm assuming it's supposed to have. I've heard of a few other owners with this issue. I just kinda mush the button down and it works lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastOne View Post
    Well, I have a tiny bit of wiggle when closed, no huge deal, but I assume it will get worse with time.

Also, my power button doesn't have the click that I'm assuming it's supposed to have. I've heard of a few other owners with this issue. I just kinda mush the button down and it works lol.
    I have the same exact problem with my power button - just started over the weekend and it's driving me crazy. Not sure if I can take this in and get it replaced or not?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I also have an issue where the slider scratches the area below the keyboard and it drives me crazy. The phone is tight when opened (no oreo) and has slight movement on the right side when closed (when pressure is applied). I've noticed some "scratches" on the mirror from the slider as well, but I have been able to buff those out so far.

webOS is great, I just wish the build quality of the Pre would match that.
    I have all of these--they don't strike me as build quality issues. It's the design. It is what it is. It's a slider. Parts move and rub against each other. It's not going to fall apart. I think everyone who has this phone for a couple of months will have all of these to some extent. None of them make me feel like my Pre is flawed.