1.    #1  
    Greetings all,

Is there an app that would let me run a different app while my Pre is on the Touchstone?

For example, I'd like to run d00heden's binary clock instead of the default Palm clock.

Thanks,

Phat
    This is going to require some creative coding. I bet it's not difficult at all, really. Someone would have to sift through some lines and find the spot that triggers the alert sound when the Pre detects the Touchstone, then add a line to run whatever program you wanted. I'm sure someone will implement this in some separate program sometime soon.
    no 'Thanks'
    I ran Jason Jacob's timepiece clock all night on the touchstone last night. It never turned off. Not sure why it would be different, but there might be something in the way it's programmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by drossing View Post
    I ran Jason Jacob's timepiece clock all night on the touchstone last night. It never turned off. Not sure why it would be different, but there might be something in the way it's programmed.
    Good point. You don't have to leave it on the lock screen.
    Yes it is possible to have a program force the screen to NOT time-out, just like the paid version of "My Tether," does.

The best solution would be some sort of service that runs, or editing Palm's code directly with a patch, that triggers whatever program you want to load AND disables the background timeout.

If I was more familiar with the layout of the OS files I would give it a shot, but it would take me weeks to comb through and find the spot to edit.

I rather like the idea of having it more-integrated into the OS, rather than having to open the app manually, and having it force the screen to stay on, but if that works for you, for now, then kickass
    no 'Thanks'
    Palm Tx has an option to "stay on while charging" -- I'd like that functionality for the Pre on the touchstone. It's not a concept that's foreign to Palm.

Regards,
    Tom
    Another idea you guys could try is to do the modification that sets your timeout to NEVER. Then you can do whatever you want, and not worry about it shutting off.

This does not affect anything if you turn off your screen manually--IE it will still turn back off if you get a message/etc. The only time the 'NEVER' applies is when you manually turn on the screen.

You could set it to 8 hours or something too.
    no 'Thanks'