1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm having a very curious problem with MS Outlook/Exchange since I started syncing with my Pre. I run Outlook 2007 + all patches. I don't know the version of our MS Exchange server.

Here is what I observe:

1. Joe schedules a recurring meeting with myself and 5 others. I "accept" the meeting from within Outlook. If I open the meeting in Outlook, and click on the schedule assistant to view attendees, I will see "Joe" listed as the "Meeting Organizer". My own name is listed below as either a "Required Attendee" or an "Optional Attendee".
    2. The meeting shows up on my Pre as expected.
    3. At some unknown point in the future (days later??), I go back into outlook to look at the meeting. Now when I view the schedule assistant view to see attendees, I am listed as the meeting organizer! I am also listed below as a "Required Attendee" or "Optional Attendee". Joe is no longer listed at all.

Thus I now "own" a meeting that I don't really own. If I try to delete it from my calendar, Outlook will insist on sending a cancellation notice to all of the other attendees! Not good!

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this a red herring that is not caused by the Pre?

Thanks for any ideas!
    Justin
    Have you checked Joe's calendar to see if he's still in the meeting? Sounds like he just left the meeting and gave you the reigns.
    I have this problem with a meeting, but I don't know that it's caused by the Pre. Can't say it isn't either. Now I'm suspicious. It wasn't a problem for me until the organizer moved the meeting. On my Pre, it still lists the organizer as the true organizer.

So yeah, I'd say it's a bug on the Pre. I wonder if this is discussed in the Palm support forums. FWIW, my company is using Exchange 2007. I suppose the bug could be in Exchange 2007 too.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    There is some discussion on the Palm support forums about meeting invite issues, and I added this to the list: Meeting Request Issues - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Yes, I have this same issue. I will be paying closer attention to the circumstances when it happens next time.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I would encourage anyone else with this problem to also post in the palm support forum thread I linked to above.
  7.    #7  
    I was doing more research on this yesterday and found several people with mobile phones (not just Palm Pre!) that were having this problem. Apparently it is a problem with syncing with Exchange and 3rd-party devices. Still: no fun!
    ^good to know it's not the Pre. It happened to me again yesterday - it happened when the meeting organizer (not me) cancelled the meeting which I acknowledged with Outlook then the subsequent recurrence of the mtg became my meeting. Then a different mtg organizer cancelled his mtg which I acknowledged with the Pre and everything seems normal. I will keep monitoring this issue.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    So maybe the workaround is to accept things on the Pre? Interesting.
  10.    #10  
    On thing that I can confirm is that if you wish to delete one of these recurring meetings from your calendar (ie. you decide not to go to one of them), you should delete the meeting instance from your PRE. That way the "cancellation" notice isn't sent out to all other attendees.