Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously.. this is getting rediculous.. im tired of not having any forwarding options, copy and paste sux.. its been way to dang long.. i got co-workers with phones that they get for freakin free that have more options than my phone in the areas i use my phone most..

with the issue with messaging, where contacts get hidden for no dang reason.. to my girlfriends contact info bein all jacked up.. i cant even delete her contact from my phone.. and readd it.. then.. my messaging wont load.. until i completely reboot my phone..

im getting very furious with this.. you cant call palm, all you get is that freakin stupid computer lady.. telling me to go to the forums..
  2.    #2  
    i mean.. i completly delete her contact.. go to messaging, and there is no kimberly. however, if i type in kimberly.. all our text messages show up.. and she is not even in my contact list.. i cant delete the texts.. cuz of that freakin issue where contacts get hidden..
    Do a full hard reset?
  4.    #4  
    i dont even know what tht means.. lose all 187 contacts in my phone?
  5.    #5  
    so, i go add her back into my contacts.. now all i get is a blank screen of contacts.. turn off my phone using the special way, hold down the power button.. flip the sound switch 3 times.. and reboot.. then contacts work again.. i go to type a message to kim again.. her name is still freakin hidden.. im steamin.. i have been supportive of this phone from day one.. and laughed at all the people who were hatin on it and got rid of it.. maybe i just havin a crappy day.. but i am pissed right now..
    text messages and contacts are different things. You may delete her contact info, but it won't delete the texts you have saved. Just delete the texts.

And for the record, it has been 3 months. All in all Palm has done a very good job. Is the pre perfect? No, it isn't. But the fact that it competes against products that have had 3 or more years to mature is very impressive.
    message forwarding is available.....web os quick install....tweaks!these guys on precentral are great......maybe should try a samsung rant!
  8.    #8  
    i cant delete the text messages.. thats the problem.. i completely delete the contact.. restart teh phone.. go to contacts.. not listed in my contacts.. i even type the number into my phone to call.. no name shows up.. then i go to messaging.. you would think that there would be a message from (254)-xxx-xxxx but no.. it says no conversations.. i type in kim.. there is the whole conversation..i can read everything we sent for the last however long.. close down messaging.. by hitting the middle button, and sliding off the screen.. then i got back by clicking the messaging icon.. no conversations.. i type in kim.. our messages show up.. i slide right to delete the whole conversations.. hit the delete button.. hit the delete button.. screen says.. no conversations.. ok cool.. close messaging.. go back into messaging.. says no conversations.. type in kim.. and bang.. theres the whole conversation again.. i just deleted.. and still.. no contact info has been added..
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    First, you are supposed to say how much you really love the Pre. Then you can trash it. There are templates on this forum which you can follow to make things easier.
    I do love the phone.. this is just getting old.. maybe i am manstrating or something.. but geez..
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I think you're not ready for the Pre. Sell it or throw it or what have you and get a dumb phone. That would suit you best.
    is this a stock pre or have you done some mods to the OS?
    I'm doing my third Partial Erase to "fix" the disappearing conversations problem. It's happening a lot lately. Very annoying.
  13.    #13  
    its bone stock.. never touched.. thats why i am upset.. i havent done anything to it other than update when the new updates come out.. and add some apps now and then..

im not ready for it.. i dont understand that either.. i mean.. how can you not be ready for it.. these are basic things.. i havent done anything to this phone other than add contacts.. make phone calls, send text messages, get emails, check bank account.. do some wiki searchin, or google some phone numbers, order movie tickets, listen to pandora in the car.. do some navigating with sprint navigation.. and played some sudoku. i have tried the new apps, like tetris, and word poker, and stuff.. but deleted them as soon as i got bored with them..
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I think you're not ready for the Pre. Sell it or throw it or what have you and get a dumb phone. That would suit you best.
    i agree you seem a little too frustrated and about to catch a heart attack.
    maybe its time to go backwards a little just to clam down a bit i would gladly take the pre off your hands trade you my old bb 8830 seriously
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    i agree you seem a little too frustrated and about to catch a heart attack.
    maybe its time to go backwards a little just to clam down a bit i would gladly take the pre off your hands trade you my old bb 8830 seriously
    hahah.. i know.. like i said.. maybe i didnt sleep well.. this is just frustrating..
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    hahah.. i know.. like i said.. maybe i didnt sleep well.. this is just frustrating..
    BlackBerry 8830 think about it
  17.    #17  
    myfriend uses an 8900. i kinda dig it.. lol.. but again.. just cuz i am having these issues..
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    myfriend uses an 8900. i kinda dig it.. lol.. but again.. just cuz i am having these issues..
    i hope you do give a little more time. maybe its just that pre try trading it in and getting a new one. the more people with the pre the better. hope your experience gets better
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    In some areas, this IS a dumb phone. Deal with it.
    Is it me, or is this the second thread on this same topic from the same person? Maybe I'm just having deja vu.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast