Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    hahaha sorry , sometimes my english get confused with my spanish , just got it!.. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    how long do you have ur phone?...i have my phone since july!
    I bought mine in June 2009, Your are still within Palm's 1 year Warranty window. Your best option is to take it into a Sprint store ( one with Authorized repair center) and show them the phone. The service reps saw mine and told me it is a known problem, I also have never "picked" at the USB cover. It is a build deffect that will potentially cause a crack in your screen,

You should not have any problems getting it replaced under Palm's Warranty replacement through Sprint.

Good Luck.
    hahaha sorry , sometimes my english get confused with my spanish , just got it!.. thanks!
    De nada.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    She said; ".... since launch week".
    Launch week was in June.
    HE said..." since launch week"
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    HE said..." since launch week"
    Ha ha... Sorry!
    Can't see avatars on the mobile version of the forum.
    I was worried about that, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    I bought mine in June 2009, Your are still within Palm's 1 year Warranty window. Your best option is to take it into a Sprint store ( one with Authorized repair center) and show them the phone. The service reps saw mine and told me it is a known problem, I also have never "picked" at the USB cover. It is a build deffect that will potentially cause a crack in your screen,

You should not have any problems getting it replaced under Palm's Warranty replacement through Sprint.

Good Luck.
    thanks , im going to try that in the sprint store tomorrow , i hope they replace me the phone ....sometimes they too lazy to replace or fix something !
    Do you use a Touchstone charger? or do you cable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Do you use a Touchstone charger? or do you cable it.
    i use the cable ..
    I cracked my pre a few weeks ago without the insurence, I thought I was toast but I took it to a sprint repair center and they got me a replacment pre free of charge with palm's warrenty, I took a couple days to get the phone but it was well worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Coal8 View Post
    I cracked my pre a few weeks ago without the insurence, I thought I was toast but I took it to a sprint repair center and they got me a replacment pre free of charge with palm's warrenty, I took a couple days to get the phone but it was well worth the wait.
    thanks , ill try to do that tomorrow!
    I just exchanged mine yesterday for that same reason it took two sprint stores but it wasn't that complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Okay...at the risk of getting flamed...

It's just a crack. Why not apply a little super glue and sand it down some and drive on? I inadvertently hurled mine on to a concrete floor and did the same to repair one of the corners and it's fine...and I have insurance. I just couldn't see spending a $100 deductible for something so cosmetic. If it was the screen, that would be a different matter. Besides, I find it better to save insurance for big deals - like when my daughter lost her Pre.
    is not just a crack , the problem is getting close to the touchscreen and is going to advance to the complete touchscreen!
    Yeah...just re-read that and then deleted my post because I realized that i was adding nothing of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by linksocc View Post
    I just exchanged mine yesterday for that same reason it took two sprint stores but it wasn't that complicated.
    so ethey did replace you the phone in that right time?
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Yeah...just re-read that and then deleted my post because I realized that i was adding nothing of value.
    thanks for the tip anyways!
    so ethey did replace you the phone in that right time?
    they asked me to come back tuesday but I told the rep that I just drove 3 hours in a winterstorm and he went back in and got me a refurb right on the spot
    Quote Originally Posted by linksocc View Post
    they asked me to come back tuesday but I told the rep that I just drove 3 hours in a winterstorm and he went back in and got me a refurb right on the spot
    ok, good to know , thanks!!!
    yea, mines got cracked on superbowl sunday... and i never even dropped it.... all the touch sence was out of wack and i couldnt even tap usb port icon when i pluged it into the pc to import my pictures and info... hurry up and take it back befor it gets worse.
    It's interesting to see how stores handle this situation. My store isn't covering it currently as we haven't gotten any direction from Palm regarding this issue. Yes, we see it a lot, but no, it's not considered a 'Known Issue' and cracks are normally considered physical damage.
    The one exception I've seen to this is the spider cracks stemming from the bottom of the display near the center button upwards.. as long as there is no damage to the LCD or the outer housing of the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    It's interesting to see how stores handle this situation. My store isn't covering it currently as we haven't gotten any direction from Palm regarding this issue. Yes, we see it a lot, but no, it's not considered a 'Known Issue' and cracks are normally considered physical damage.
    The one exception I've seen to this is the spider cracks stemming from the bottom of the display near the center button upwards.. as long as there is no damage to the LCD or the outer housing of the device.
    Where is your store to dont go over there, lol ...and about the "known issue" how you cant replace if the phone just crack without any hit or something like that?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast