Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    my coworker just told me she called sprint last week, told them her phone was wobbling pretty bad they sent her a replacement no questions asked.... idk maybe you should try that route...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I'm just wondering what you used to take that grainy photo. LOL

Well.. at least these cracks are known issues with Palm and should (hopefully) warrant a replacement - depending upon the Sprint store/rep you go to...

...and that really sux.
    Caramba! No bueno.
    i called palm yesterday because i dont have sprint insurance , they give me two options :

1) send the phone for investigation and is gonna take like 5 to 7 days .
    2) replace me the phone with a refurbished but they charge me 29.99 and 400 like for insurance until they receive the cracked phone!

so im thinking in what to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm just wondering what you used to take that grainy photo. LOL

Well.. at least these cracks are known issues with Palm and should (hopefully) warrant a replacement - depending upon the Sprint store/rep you go to...

...and that really sux.
    lol was my 3 years old kodak digital cam !
    by any chance when ever you used the usb port did you always pick the cover open to plug it in to usb or did you slide phone up and open the cover?

i said this before but i think if you picked it before then it eventually leads to cracked screens like that. Only reason i say that is because mine doesn't ahve cracked usb and i never pick at it, i always slide it up, my gf she picks at her and then it started to crack.

but that's just a guess idk if it's true.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    by any chance when ever you used the usb port did you always pick the cover open to plug it in to usb or did you slide phone up and open the cover?

i said this before but i think if you picked it before then it eventually leads to cracked screens like that. Only reason i say that is because mine doesn't ahve cracked usb and i never pick at it, i always slide it up, my gf she picks at her and then it started to crack.

but that's just a guess idk if it's true.
    nop, never, everytime i connect in the usb port , i slide first and then open the cover!
    Palm's deal sounds like a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Palm's deal sounds like a good one.
    which one? one or two?
    Buy the insurance next time. It is worth the $4 or $7 a month. I have had a few issues with the phone and they have fixed them without question or cost.
    SISGO:

With all the props you've been giving the Pre over the last few months, Palm should send you a brand new one, gift-wrapped and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SallySmo View Post
    Buy the insurance next time. It is worth the $4 or $7 a month. I have had a few issues with the phone and they have fixed them without question or cost.
    yeahh, i know!!!... i just forget it to do it in the first 30 days!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Sisgo:

With all the props you've been giving the Pre over the last few months, Palm should send you a brand new one, gift-wrapped and everything.
    yeah i know , they should send me a touchstone also! lmao
    That sucks man. Pay the $29 and be done with it - that's really not a bad deal if you think about it.

Although I think your camera is a much bigger problem. Wow it sucks :-) Buy this: Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    That sucks man. Pay the $29 and be done with it - that's really not a bad deal if you think about it.

Although I think your camera is a much bigger problem. Wow it sucks :-) Buy this: Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo
    lmao, i dont even use that camera , thats why i have my palm pre hd pics!
    I recently took my phone into a Sprint store showed them the same crack going from my USB to touchscreen, They replaced it within 30 minutes.
    Take your phone into a Sprint store that has Authorized Service repair.

Palm has a deal with sprint, Palm does not allow Sprint to open up their phones so it is pretty cut & dry if Sprint sees that the damage is due to normal wear & tear or manufacterer defect they will replace it as a warranty replacement same day if they have the replacement in stock.

I bought my Pre on launch week no insurance. I now have a brand new phone. didn't have to pay anything. They even gave me a spare battery!

Now if I could replace my faux leather sleeve that i lost i would be a happy camper.
    Last edited by Addie_Goodvibes; 02/15/2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    I recently took my phone into a Sprint store showed them the same crack going from my USB to touchscreen, They replaced it within 30 minutes.

I bought my Pre on launch week no insurance.
    how long do you have ur phone?...i have my phone since july!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    She said; ".... since launch week".
    Launch week was in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post

I agree whats up with the camera, Clean your Camera lens off you should see a huge improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Launch week was June 6th.