Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Just had my phone swapped out. Initially they weren't going to do it, but then the manager got involved and ok'd it. Staying polite & insistent seemed to be the key.

Bad part is they couldn't transfer my pics or mp3s across. Sucks, had a few good ones of the kids on there.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    A couple of day's ago i noticed a crack going from the usb plug in to the screen. Last night another crack appeared on the other side. I did some looking around and found that this was a known issue. Has anyone here had the same issue? I called sprint and they said i had to pay for it. I kept calling back until i found some one that would send me a new phone because there is no way i did the dameage.
    I've just taken possession of my new Pre, when I turn it on it seems like there could be a small crack in the screen. It's not a traditional screen crack like some others have reported, where you can see a genuine crack running up the touchscreen. This is outside the touchscreen area in the bottom right-hand corner of the phone, just above the gesture area. It's like a small sliver of light, where the border should be solid black some of the backlight is shining through.

Is this worth returning my phone over or has anyone had something similar with their phones? Knowing that some people have had problems with weaknesses in the screen, could this be the very start of something developing?
    If it looks like you have a screen crack the question is.....why wouldn't you take it back?
    it might be just a scratch. Can you post pics?
    I have the same problem with my pre. Ive had it for about two weeks and now the crack is starting to spread up the screen. I plan on taking this one back up there today and get a replacement.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I made this thread for anyone with the USB crack issue or the center button issue to post their pictures. I have seen other threads with pictures but the problem the pictures are scattered everywhere. I made this to unify all the proof that this is common. If you have this problem please take pictures and post. (Mods I would like this sticky as its an important issue).

I first noticed this about 3 weeks after getting the phone. I saw some people were getting theirs exchanged so I let it go. Big mistake when you go its the first question you get "has it been 30 days?". If you see this before the 30 mark get to the store ASAP don't wait around like I did. First store told me insurance $100 same thing when I called sprint. So I called again. After going to a second Sprint store it became a 5 minute process where the guy told me it was common and I get a replacement for free. Whatever you do DON'T PAY $100 to get an insurance replacement its insurance fraud as its a manufacturer defect. This needs to be fixed cost free.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2aiihpy.jpg
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1znc3lz.jpg
    Last edited by nullr; 12/08/2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Picture resolution too big.
    I do not share this issue, nor do i know any of the people with a Pre who do either.

But sucks if anyone here has this issue. GOod luck!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    My usb plastic is broken (the little strip under the door)

And the left side of my screen has a small crack
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    If you have a cracked screen, Sprint should now replace under warranty. Go to Sprint.com and under Support do a search for Pre Cracked Screen. There is a troubleshoot article on their site that says to take it in and they will replace under warranty. Print the page and bring it with you to support you effort.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Can we each have our problems on a sticky thread? That'd be real fun!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    Can we each have our problems on a sticky thread? That'd be real fun!
    As far as I can see its a manufacturer defect and having a collective thread rather than the other 6 that I found would be really beneficial. If they problem keeps getting ignored then nothing will be done to step up build quality and anyone who owns this phone knows the quality of the usb cap is really poor. For those without the problem how often do you use the port? How do you charge the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by nullr View Post
    As far as I can see its a manufacturer defect and having a collective thread rather than the other 6 that I found would be really beneficial. If they problem keeps getting ignored then nothing will be done to step up build quality and anyone who owns this phone knows the quality of the usb cap is really poor. For those without the problem how often do you use the port? How do you charge the phone?
    I charge my phone every day through the port (no touchstone).

I had my first phone from august until pretty this month and swapped it for an unreleated issue.

never had a crack. My gf has had the phone since august, no swaps, and the only crack she has is from where she dropped it, near the power button.

My two other friends have had launch day pres, no usb door crack, but one has a power button that doesn't work anymore.

Only one person in that grouping has a touchstone.
    I have an almost identical crack stemming from the usb port. I took it to the Sprint store and they stated it is "physical damage" and said I would need file an insurance claim. Has anyone else had any luck getting a replacement without having to pay the insurance deductible?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Hey, I've got the same crack and now migrated 1mm into the screen.
    i noticed today im starting to get the same crack. Im going to take it to the sprint store this weekend to see what they say.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I just noticed the cracked housing around my USB port. I've had the phone for a few months but I'm going to head to a Sprint store today to see if they'll replace it.

Update: Went to my local Sprint repair center and they basically told me to go pound sand. If the phone was cracked around the center button, they would have replaced it. However they won't replace the phone for a crack near the USB port, since they determined it was "physical damage". My phone looks exactly like the picture that "nullr" posted at the start of this thread. Has anyone had any luck getting their phone replaced for this crack without having through the insurance company?
    Last edited by njeske; 12/14/2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: updated post.
    Quote Originally Posted by njeske View Post
    I just noticed the cracked housing around my USB port. I've had the phone for a few months but I'm going to head to a Sprint store today to see if they'll replace it.

Update: Went to my local Sprint repair center and they basically told me to go pound sand. If the phone was cracked around the center button, they would have replaced it. However they won't replace the phone for a crack near the USB port, since they determined it was "physical damage". My phone looks exactly like the picture that "nullr" posted at the start of this thread. Has anyone had any luck getting their phone replaced for this crack without having through the insurance company?
    I had the same response at my Sprint Store. I called Palm at (407) 531-4496 and they were 180 degrees from Sprint. I have a new phone on the way. They will tell you that it costs $35.00 to send the phone to you but if you insist that you shouldn't have to pay that, they'll waive it. They will need a credit card to put a hold for the value of the phone until they get yours shipped back.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I too have a crack at the exact spot on my Pre as well. Its strange because I have a touch stone and hardly use the USB port at all. I have had my Pre since July.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have the crack on my Pre as well starting from the usb port. It is now getting worse going to the main screen its self to were I can see light coming through. I plan on taking it to my Sprint repair facility this week.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast