Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    The inability to change the alert tone for text messaging is rather dissapointing. Does anyone know of any plans to fix this or any apps which are being created as a solution? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    there is a section called homebrew apps, at the top of this page. Click on it. There is a program called "my notification" that will change it. Instlling homebrew apps is super easy. The instructions are there in that section
  3. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #3  
    Homebrew does have an app to change alert tones. I'm not sure if Palm will adress this or not. My Notifications is the app you are looking for.
  4. FlameOut's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #4  
    Isn't the Homebrew called "TXT Manager"? It works ok, other than when it's running, it takes up room on the screen showing you that it running. I used it but deleted it because of that. Hopefully adding customized sounds to tests will be included in some future Pre update, and not need an app installed to do it
  5. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #5  
    there's another one called my notifications, it allows you to change the notification sound.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all. I will install the my notifications app.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    there is a section called homebrew apps, at the top of this page. Click on it. There is a program called "my notification" that will change it. Instlling homebrew apps is super easy. The instructions are there in that section
    +1 "My Notifications" is the way to go. Easy to do. I was using the older bing-bing" alert from WebOS 1.0.4 but now I'm using the BlackBerry lightspeed tone for my text alerts (also increased the volume on my Bberry tone and now it's very loud but that was my own customization of the .wav file)

    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #8  
    Let us know if it helps!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    there's another one called my notifications, it allows you to change the notification sound.
    My notifications won't let you change the text sound independent of other notification sounds, though, will it? All I see is an option to change the "notification sound" and "calendar alert sound."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by josegonzales View Post
    My notifications won't let you change the text sound independent of other notification sounds, though, will it? All I see is an option to change the "notification sound" and "calendar alert sound."
    Same here.. I dont see a way to have separate sounds for text and email.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by josegonzales View Post
    My notifications won't let you change the text sound independent of other notification sounds, though, will it? All I see is an option to change the "notification sound" and "calendar alert sound."
    Same here.. I don't see a way to have separate sounds for text and email.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Same here.. I dont see a way to have separate sounds for text and email.
    Do you see an option for "advanced options" in the left corner icon?

    Also, which version do you have?

    What my default screen is showing are the following:

    Ringtone: xxx.mp3 song
    Notification: lightspeed.wav
    alert: alert.wav

    Although I'm not sure if email and text can be separated? I have email sound alert turned off. I only use the visual notification.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/31/2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Do you see an option for "advanced options" in the left corner icon?

    Also, which version do you have?

    What my default screen is showing are the following:

    Ringtone: xxx.mp3 song
    Notification: lightspeed.wav
    alert: alert.wav

    Although I'm not sure if email and text can be separated? I have email sound alert turned off. I only use the visual notification.
    No don't see "advanced options".... Version 0.2.0 by Michael Pule
  14. JTH182's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    #14  
    For the older version of My Notification to work you need to root your Pre, correct?
  15. #15  
    I have a separate sound for 'alerts' IE emails, charging, etc.

    I have a separate sound for general texts.

    I have a separate sound for each individual friend who texts me.

    This is done by applying the contactsound patches in the proper order, then installing mynotification.

    Kicks ***.
    no 'Thanks'
  16. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #16  
    There is also a patch that can be added if you have rooted... it will allow you to have separate tones for different contacts as well as a default for sms. I've used it and it works great!

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html

Posting Permissions