1.    #1  
    Not sure if anyone has donated money to any of the homebrew apps programmers but I plan on donating at least $1 to each of the app developers and the app that I use.

Some of these apps have a couple of thousand downloads and if they were to receive at least $1 for each download, they would realize that us Pre users do appreciate what they are doing.

I plan on donating $2 for one app and $8 for the other 8 apps that I use on a daily basis. $10 bucks. I'll skip Starbucks for a day.
    Think this sounds like an awesome idea! I will do the same this week as it is payday friday.
    I donated the $10 for MyTether. I felt it was definitely worth it. I'd be down for $1 donations if they can paypal it to only a dollar.
  4.    #4  
    I wonder if PreCentral can set up a pay system through paypal for the homebrew programmers or even make their own pay program. There are some homebrews that I would DEFINITELY pay for like GDial or Friendflow (even though it's still VERY beta). Hell...I started using the "Pack n Track" app back when it first came out and it's probably one of the most useful apps on the Pre right now for me since I receive so many packages a day. I would have paid for that a long time ago.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    chiliu78 - I like the idea. I'm in.
    me too. They have made the experience fantastic.
    i've donated over 30 dollars to developers and am gonna donate for the vkb in the next day or so. i agree with what you are saying. They spent long hours creating these apps and i understand what they go through considering i am in college right now for computer programming...so i know it isnt the easiest thing to do!
    Bear in mind that the PayPal fees eat up a lot of a $1 donation.

I have been donating $10 to a number of my favorite developers.

Guess what else has happened since I have been making those donations?

Several of them have new top-secret products that they are working on. It seems that many ask the people who have taken the time to give feedback and support to help them to do the initial testing of new products.

Please donate to the developer whatever you think would have been a fair price if it had been in the App Catalog.

Look through your apps. The ones that you still have are the ones that were worth buying. Imagine for a moment that they were not in your Pre. Imagine if all you had right now were the Palm Catalog Apps.

Keep supporting them with your feedback and encouragement but remember that they have to live too.

- Craig
    Here here! I donated to the ones I use and if someone were to make a good video camera app I think I would pay $10 or 20$. I think the homebrew music remix is tons better then native app so I have to think a homebrew Video camera will be better.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    Here here! I donated to the ones I use and if someone were to make a good video camera app I think I would pay $10 or 20$. I think the homebrew music remix is tons better then native app so I have to think a homebrew Video camera will be better.
    I agree. i would easy donate $10 for a video camera app. The google voice homebrews are priceless as well.

And if someone created an app that is similar to that of "SocialScope" for the Blackberry, I'd give you $20 and a massage.
  11.    #11  
    To any of the homebrew app developers reading this: Please include a donation link in your app page on PreCentral. Some has them and some do not. My favorite app does not have a donate link. If you don't have one, I assume you really don't want the money.
    Forget that. Lets all just pay full retail price for what is essentially beta !!! Everyone get together now !!!

(though I actually have donated to devs with useful apps, MyTether I'm looking at you)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I donated $5 to every program I downloaded and kept on my phone, $10 to the ones I use at least once every week. I figure it's not that much, but I hope it helps.
    I donate a little heavy because I payed a lot for apps on my old 800W. I try to think of what that program is worth to me, and what the going rate is for such a program. The more we encourage them, the more they will give back to us too, right?