Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It makes me realize how much I truly DESPISED my INSTINK, and other phones with them.....and is the final kicker that makes me realize how much I LOVE my Pre.

That being said....awesome job developers!!! At this young stage of it's life, it seems to me that the Pre virtual keyboard is actually MORE responsive than WINMO AND INSTINK keyboards of the same type (no pun intended).....

GO DEVELOPERS GO!!!

TOGETHER VEE CAN KEEEEL THE IPHONE!!!!
    It doesn't take much to have a better virtual keyboard than Winmo. The capacitive touch screen helps a bit though.
    For anyone wanting the link that tells how to install the on-screen keyboard:

How to Install the On-Screen Keyboard

The instructions and a number of themes to choose from are here:

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

If you are new to Homebrew (downloading apps), click here:

How to Install Homebrew Apps

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/31/2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Does anyone know if the Package Manager Service can be deleted after installation of the keyboard? I want to ensure I have the max memory available... what can be deleted afterward?
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Does anyone know if the Package Manager Service can be deleted after installation of the keyboard? I want to ensure I have the max memory available... what can be deleted afterward?
    FYI, if you use preware, it ignores the install space error and installs the app anyways
    does the virtual keyboard go horizontal???
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    it goes in landscape mode, yes.
    I love the virtual keyboard... not saying i'll ditch the QWERTY keyboard just won't have to open it every 5 seconds. This should prevent quick wear and tear.
    is there an eay way to change the theme of the keyboard to the remix glossy? I read the direction in the post above, but I just don't understand the direction. they seem to be written to people who understand how to modify code and that definitly isn't me.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Virtual keyboard works great for a quick sms, and happy to have the physical keyboard for longer emails.
    Can someone walk me thru this? I am being asked to install a novacom driver when i plug my phone into usb, then whenever i unzip Quick webinstall it gives me thesefolders that dont produce the app. I would really appreciate some support from the forum on this. I have file coaster on my pre already. I had it set up on my older computer but I recently got a new laptop and cant seem to get the pre to the state where i can get the onscreen keyboard working? Help!?! Any good samaratians out there?
    nvm i got it
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth--the virtual keyboard is very cool! But, man, I can't seem to be very functional without auto-correct! I'm hoping to get better with practice but more practice won't make my fingers any smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by element033 View Post
    is there an eay way to change the theme of the keyboard to the remix glossy? I read the direction in the post above, but I just don't understand the direction. they seem to be written to people who understand how to modify code and that definitly isn't me.
    after installed on your phone open the folder its saved in open the kb_config file in note pad and change it in there
    i don't have the third button on the left when I open webosquickinstall... whats up?
    anyone get this error?

Error: an error occured while attempting to run/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    yeah i got the error too just open preware on your pre go to the patches part then chose it and delete it and then install it again it sould restart your pre
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    virtual kb sure is nice for quick / small txt responses.
    Hmm.. it didn't work... it seem as tough my Preware also has a problem

org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running...
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    So this has to be uninstalled when a new update comes out?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast