Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If this is installed does it automatically pop-up or do you select it somewhere. I wouldn't want it popping-up all the time if I was using the Physical Keyboard.
    Hi guys

I installed it and i love the virtual keyboard, but only one problem, when chatting and using the virtual keyboard, i dont see the response is there a work around this?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    So this has to be uninstalled when a new update comes out?
    that's what I had to do. I kept trying to download the update, and it kept erring out on the script part.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    If this is installed does it automatically pop-up or do you select it somewhere. I wouldn't want it popping-up all the time if I was using the Physical Keyboard.
    It pops open only when you press both sides of the gesture area (below the screen, both sides of the hard "center" button) at the same time. A rather elegant way to get it to appear, I think.

Anyway, I like it. It's still buggy, but it shows great promise.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth--the virtual keyboard is very cool! But, man, I can't seem to be very functional without auto-correct! I'm hoping to get better with practice but more practice won't make my fingers any smaller.
    My biggest problem is that the backspace button only works about 25% of the time. Which means if I make an error, I can rarely correct it without using the physical keyboard.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by element033 View Post
    is there an eay way to change the theme of the keyboard to the remix glossy? I read the direction in the post above, but I just don't understand the direction. they seem to be written to people who understand how to modify code and that definitly isn't me.
    It's actually easy. Do this:

Connect your Pre to your computer via cable. When the Pre prompts, pick "USB drive."

This will create a new drive on your computer (I'm assuming you're using Windows) called "PALM PRE." Open it. There will be a folder for the virtual keyboard (forget the exact name, but it's obvious).

There's one file in that directory (ends in JSON). Right click and pick "open." I'd suggest just using notepad to open it, when prompted.

You'll see a one line file. There are three places to enter stuff (vibrate feedback time, theme, sound feedback). Should be obvious. Just overtype what's there with the values you want.

Save and exit notepad.

Go back to Windows Explorer and right click on the "PALM PRE" drive. Pick "Eject."

Disconnect the cable.

Now, your new settings should be there. If you want to play it safe, reboot your Pre.

No need to understanding coding.
    Idk hwo to do **** i got tha quick download but im lost affta that
    I've created a bunch of keyboard themes with the focus being on legibility. Right now there are about 9 to choose from. Get the themes here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    For anyone wanting the link that tells how to install the on-screen keyboard:

How to Install the On-Screen Keyboard

The instructions and a number of themes to choose from are here:

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

If you are new to Homebrew (downloading apps), click here:

How to Install Homebrew Apps

- Craig
    Thanks. I been looking everywhere for instructions on how to change the keyboard theme.
    Is this version supposed to have vibration feedback? Mine doesn't.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JspecRx7 View Post
    Is this version supposed to have vibration feedback? Mine doesn't.
    You need to turn it on. There's instructions for doing so in many places, but here's a quicky: you need to connect your Pre to your computer in USB Drive mode. Then, there's a "virtual keyboard" folder. Go in that. Edit (with notepad or similar pure text editor) the JSON file. Replace to "0" with "50." Save, eject, try again.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    where did the virtual keyboard go it ent on installer or preware anymore?
    ...because it makes me love the physical keyboard even more.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i love the virtual keyboard...uninstalled. it always seemed to pop up when i didn't want it but wouldn't pop up when i did.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12