1.    #1  
    Well while I was adding and removing some of the webos quick install tweaks I changed one of the settings I believe for the battery % and when the phone came back on from the graphics reset my whole top bar is gone and usb cable does not connect to the pc or even bring up the just charging menu... Meaning I can't reset any tweaks I put on. I tried doing the phone hard reset...no use. Still have the problem. Please help if you all know anything
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    you may have done that tweeking your carrier string? Double check the lines you changed and make sure you put it in correctly. I've done that to, you can still get into putty even though you can't see the just charge. I put the quotations in the wrong spot, corrected and all was good!
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I did probally try to install that one at some point but first of all I am not great with linux so I wouldn't know how to edit anything inless its already there for me to paste. And the other problem is my only web access is through mytether...which will not work now cus of the error. Is there any command in putty to just reset these changes so I can start over?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I had the same issue of a white bar at the top. however, while it was like that, and still connected, I simply took the patch off, and it worked.

is quick install not detecting the phone as being connected?

if all else fails, you can try running webOS doctor, but that's really a last resort.

to put the phone into flashing mode, I believe you turn it off, then turn it on while holding the volume up button. then run webOS doctor, and it will flash your phone back to 1.0.3, then you log into your palm profile, and it will download all of the applications and contacts you had.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah quick install can't detect it anymore nor can web doctor because the usb mode won't show up when I connect the cable. I am going to try the flash mode thing now..and yeah a last resort may be the only one so if I get it to flash mode I'm going to run the doctor
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    same happened to me. also webos install quit recognizing the pre. so I unplugged the usb cable and rebooted my pc. reset the pre. plug usb back in after both rebooted. the pre did not give me the option to put it into "just charge" mode. However, i then launched webos install, selected tweaks, and unchecked the batt % mod. It reset my pre and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deboss View Post
    same happened to me. also webos install quit recognizing the pre. so I unplugged the usb cable and rebooted my pc. reset the pre. plug usb back in after both rebooted. the pre did not give me the option to put it into "just charge" mode. However, i then launched webos install, selected tweaks, and unchecked the batt % mod. It reset my pre and it works fine.
    oh, if that's the case, then you might not have to reboot yoru PC

assuming you are using windows, go to yoru services (in vista, just search for services in the start bar) then find "Palm novacom" stop it, then restart it (or put it to automatic). hopefully that will fix it
    The battery percentage and/or icon tweak in that webos program doesn't seem to work. A white bar appears on the top too. If you disable it (uncheck), it'll go back to normal
  9.    #9  
    FIXED woo! yeah after I reset both, the PC was able to use quick install on the Pre even without the just charging poping up. Shame, I liked the number percentage too...but now Im scared to try it again. Thank you ALL for your help, it is greatly appriciated.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    glad to hear everything turned out ok. If you try the percent only patch, I did not have an issue with that, it was only the percent + battery icon patch that had the issue.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I also have just the battery percent (not battery image + %) tweak and it installed fine and my phone works 100%.