1.    #1  
    Okay so I want to download the apps from this site using the coaster, I downloaded all of the software in the steps listed in the How To Install help page. The problem is when I plug my pre into my computer it doesn't recognize it. I don't get the options for media sync, just charging etc. That screen doesn't pop up, my phone just says charging battery at the very bottom of the pre in small print. Nothing else. WTF am I doing wrong? Did I not download needed software to be able to get that media sync, etc screen up? Or it is just supposed to pop up when you plug it into your computer. I've tried on both an IBMand Mac, no dice. Help me!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    hey anged,

First take a deep breath and relax, no need for anyone to get hurt.

1)Can you tap on where it says "charging battery"? Does anything pop up when you press that?

2) Have you reset the Pre?

3) are you using the cable that came with the Pre or a 3rd party? Are you plugging into a USB hub or directly into the machine?
  3.    #3  
    1. Nothing happens when I try. 2. Yes. 3. Pre directly into the machines (both of the computers I've tried.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    and this is with Stock Pre cable?
    Here's another thing to try. It's just a guess, but won't hurt. Plug the Pre in. If you get a prompt on the Pre, indicate that you want to use it in USB mode.

Then check your Windows OS. Look at the hardware devices and see if there are any unrecognized device, especially unrecognized (or improperly recognized) USB devices. If so, delete the device, unplug the Pre, then then plug it in again.
    Wait before you throw it send me the battery and the stuff you don't need
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    This happened to me for some reason when I had dev mode tufned on. Once I turned it off it seemed to fix the problem.

Not sure if this is the fix but it seemed to work for me.
    is your pre in dev mode ??
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Its not in dev mode. I turned it off.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    sounds to me like a charge-only cable
    When you plug your Pre into your computer, the "just charge, media sync, etc." should pop up automatically. If it says that it's charging, then it can't be the cable. Try tapping the message at the bottom of the screen that says, "charging battery" (it may just show a usb symbol). This should then tell you, "tap for media sync or usb drive". Hope that helps you out.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    This happened for me until I found that the webos thingy has very specific instructions for 64 bit OS's (I'm on Win7). You have to literally tweak the msi file.

Until I followed those instructions (search for NovacomInstaller_64.msi) I had the same headache.

Of course I'm assuming that you are running a 64 bit OS.
    sometimes when i have unplugged and plugged the pre in, my PC seems to lose the Pre driver??? A quick Restart of both the Pre and PC always fix the issue...Not sure if it helps!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by hammysink View Post
    This happened for me until I found that the webos thingy has very specific instructions for 64 bit OS's (I'm on Win7). You have to literally tweak the msi file.

Until I followed those instructions (search for NovacomInstaller_64.msi) I had the same headache.

Of course I'm assuming that you are running a 64 bit OS.
    I run windows 7 64-bit and had no such issues. It worked flawlessly. Seems there are differences on some computers that can cause the driver file to not load correctly.

Angedbloeight, can you provide some details of your OS, computer etc?
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid