1.    #1  
    how disapointed am i? bottom of screen is all discolored. its a little oreoed but i expected it a little. this one is a lot slower then my last one also. i guess ill take it back in a few weeks after i test the antenna strength and gps locater (the last one i had was defective) i will let you all know how it goes.

for those of you thinking of purchasing it wait.

can someone tell me how to check the build date? i would like to post that on here to for people.

Build date 4th september 2009

and thank you guys for providing that information
    Last edited by Buzzard Jr; 08/30/2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: additional information
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    ##786# in the phone app
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Dial ##786# for phone info, I believe it is the warranty date code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post

and thank you guys for providing that information
    do u mean 4th august?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    A Pre from the future...
    I've been holding off for what seems like forever in hopes that Palm would address a lot of the hardware issues the Pre is reported to have. I would rather get a solid phone and deal with the software issues that can be fixed via updates than to be stuck with a phone that is physically lacking, especially when it comes to the dead pixels and discoloration issues I've read about. It's a little disheartening to hear that the problems persist even in the newer builds.

Ah well. October 9 is the date that I've set for myself. I'll see what's going on then and push the date further back if I'm not satisfied with the progress.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    I've been holding off for what seems like forever in hopes that Palm would address a lot of the hardware issues the Pre is reported to have. I would rather get a solid phone and deal with the software issues that can be fixed via updates than to be stuck with a phone that is physically lacking, especially when it comes to the dead pixels and discoloration issues I've read about. It's a little disheartening to hear that the problems persist even in the newer builds.

Ah well. October 9 is the date that I've set for myself. I'll see what's going on then and push the date further back if I'm not satisfied with the progress.
    On the other hand, my opening-day Pre has never had any of those issues, and neither has my wife's, bought a couple of weeks later. That seems to be true of most of the Pres sold. An option is to check out a Pre very thoroughly at the store, and take it home only if it seems perfect. There's no guarantee you won't run into a problem the next day, but pixels aren't likely to die overnight, and the odds are in your favor.
    Hardware-wise, the only issue with my Pre (born-on-date of 7/8) is a slight bit of oreo. I've examined the slider mechanism very closely, and I'm satisfied that my Pre won't fall apart or twist like a switchblade. Everything else is perfect. I can live with it.