Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I upgraded my Macbook Pro to 10.6 last night and today DoubleTwist fails to recognize my Pre as a Pre. When I attach it, it says "Palm Inc. Pre" and shows a little USB drive icon, but it doesn't pull up any of my iTunes music from my Pre, just ringtones. Anyone else having any issues like this. I've been having a few other wierd issues with my Pre today (not finding any pictures even though they are still there) so it might be device corruption. It still sync's fine with iTunes though.

I just want to know if anyone else is having issues before I do a full wipe and have reload everything on it. Also, when I attach it with Parallels running, the Windows doesn't recognize it at all.
    Last edited by Loogie; 08/30/2009 at 06:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Upon further testing it appears that Apple has neutered the Pre when plugged into a Mac with OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). My Mac still recognizes the Pre as a USB drive and will still sync iTunes, but it appears to pass the device info through as unknown so Doubletwist or any other App that looks for the Pre over USB won't find it properly. Most importantly for me is the fact that now Win XP under Parallels won't recognize the Pre at all. It shows up as an unrecognized device. Looks like I'm going to have to roll back to Leopard until this get's sorted out...and it better get sorted out.

Can some other Mac user please confirm this info for me.
    I think this is the cause of Apple trying to block the Pre from synching with iTunes. I'll be trying this when I get my upgrade on my work MacBook Pro. I run Windows Vista on VMWare Fusion Version e.x.p (184177) Beta. Used to be running 2.x Fusion.
    I run the latest Leopard. 10.5.8 however will probably upgrade soon.. hopefully.
    I'll let you know in a couple of months.