Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had The Key board Working fine.. Then I though there was a New Version
    so I uninstalled in Preware and Reinstalled.. It quit working ..
    any Ideas..

Thx
    Did you also reinstall key board software?
    if u reinstall it , then reboot !
  4.    #4  
    i did all that no luck
    I have installed the WebOS Quick Install, download and installed the Package Manager Service and Preware. The Preware has installed onto my Pre but when I launch the available patches it ask for me to install the virtual keyboard which I have done and nothing happens.
    trying starting all again uninstall first v keyboard from preware and then uninstall preware and try again installing preware and then v keyboard! maybe this work!
    Sisgo tried did not work any other suggestions anyone?
  8.    #8  
    Thx am Trying That I am not get that screen when I installed KB first time that you have to override.. and press oK
  9.    #9  
    does not seem to be uninstalling and renistall the Virtual KB
    I removed Manually still no luck
    I am having the same problem installing the keyboard too.

I am thinking there is a new version because it doesn't prompt the caution remark that are in the instructions.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I just attempted to install the 8/30 build of the keyboard and am having the same issue. Nothing happens on install.

I don't get the message that was on the older version either on install about the script being needed.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    same problem here tried to install the new version and nothing happens!!!!
    It bizarre because my Virtual Keyboard stopped working overnight. I did a full erase of the phone and tried again but the script isn't executing.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    maybe palm asked for it to be deactivated
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    I just attempted to install the 8/30 build of the keyboard and am having the same issue. Nothing happens on install.

I don't get the message that was on the older version either on install about the script being needed.
    Not sure where you got the info that there was a new version out today because the precentral nor the WebOs-internals website shows an update. Last update shows 8/26 (PM).

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ancements.html

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    the preware app said there was an update for today 8/30 and 10 am i tried to update and now its dead.
    It was listed as an update today under Available Patches in the Preware application.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrtor View Post
    It was listed as an update today under Available Patches in the Preware application.
    If the was an update for this it would have been listed under Application updates. Available patches on mine is showing version 1.2 which is the 8/26 update.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I too am having simular issues...everything is downloaded properly but nothing happens and there is no warning message.....any suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdc5 View Post
    the preware app said there was an update for today 8/30 and 10 am i tried to update and now its dead.
    Most likely if there was an update to a patch you should remove the old one first and then install the new one. Version 1.2 is the 8/26 update and it is the currrent version showing in PreWare.

If you originally used quilt to install the keyboard then you must remove it using quilt pop -a -f and then install from PreWare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast