1.    #1  
    Anybody knows if it is possible to connect a PSP or a PS3 with the Palm Pre using My Tether. I guess the most important one would be the PSP.
    I wouldn't see why not? Wifi is wifi...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I wouldn't see why not? Wifi is wifi...
    My PSP doesn't see it as an available network, while my PC sees it as a computer to computer connection.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    The PSP doesn't have any support for ad-hoc which is what My Tether uses so it wouldn't work. I tried this using wifirouter on a winmo phone before the pre. Same deal.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    ipod touch does pick up the signal though, while on the road my friends use the wifi to use their touch.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The psp does have ad-hoc mode, I'm not near one right now but that's how the psp and ps3 can connect through ad-hoc. I also remember it asking if the network was ad-hoc before.
    The PSP's ad-hoc mode is not the standard 802.11 ad-hoc. It's a completely different ad-hoc that is proprietary to Sony's hardware.
    Palm needs to make some moves in the near future im getting disappointed with Pre and and WebOS, thinking of going back with windows
    Quote Originally Posted by dman218 View Post
    Palm needs to make some moves in the near future im getting disappointed with Pre and and WebOS, thinking of going back with windows
    Did you post in the wrong thread or something?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo