Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    your not supposed to drain li-ion batteries all the way.....non li-ions that helps, but it just hurts these kind....maybe thats why ppl are having short battery lives....all i know is that i never drained it i just kept topping it off daily and its been improving everyday since i got it.
    There is no way to drain it all the way. When the phone shows 0% it really has more power it just won't let it out to protect the battery.

For me I don't think it's the battery but more the phone reading and averaging the range to give a better percentage reading.

When I first got the Pre sometimes it would get stuck at 10% for an hour, then start dropping again.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    your not supposed to drain li-ion batteries all the way.....non li-ions that helps, but it just hurts these kind....maybe thats why ppl are having short battery lives....all i know is that i never drained it i just kept topping it off daily and its been improving everyday since i got it.
    You're very right. The slightly older lithium polymer batteries benefited from full depletion and recharges, but from what I've read from various sources, this is not the case with the newer Lithium-ion batteries, such as the one in the Pre. I won't go so far as to say that it hurts the battery, but I don't believe it particularly helps.

I remember when I first got mine, I was completely put out by the sham battery life, but have learned to adjust to it, as I LOVE the phone otherwise. First, get a car charger and wall chargers. Touchstones are great, but expensive and unnecessary. Basically any micro-usb plug will do the job (though I'm not suggesting you use any non-Palm USB cords... not that I've had any problem.)

For some reason, people are saying set email intervals to "as items arrive". From what I know, this makes the phone constantly sync with the account, thus using more battery. I'd go the other direction; mine's set to every hour.

A BIG issue for me was quality of service. Basically everywhere I ever go BUT my house I get great service. When I'm in my house though, if I don't touch the phone, I still hardly get 5 hours of standby. So, if you are constantly in poor service, that could be a problem. Also, on the same page, when possible, use Wi-fi, esp. when in poor service. Note that the phone does disconnect and reconnect to the wi-fi every time you shut the screen off.

One more obvious one... keep as few apps open as possible. I rarely leave more than 1 open, if that. I generally get a full day of use out of my pre, though I rarely let it run below 20%. Hope this helps!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12