Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have connected my Pre to my laptop using the USB cord before, usually it is recognized as a "Palm Pre," however, it is no longer being recognized.

Other USB devices are still working properly, the issue only occurs with my Pre.

I have sifted through pages all day looking for a solution, and, although it seems others have experienced this problem, I have not found a solution.

Any ideas?
    I am also having this problem. The only thing I did was connect my Pre to a friends computer to use tweaks on the webOS quick install program. Got home and tried to connect it to my PC and it charges but is no longer recognized as well.

What gives?
    Zeus.

Try re-starting your Pre. Just got mine to work again, maybe that will help if you haven't tried already.
  4.    #4  
    I've restarted it a few times... Also done a partial erase... Searched for drivers... Threw some things...

Thanks anyways light, glad you got yours working again.
  5.    #5  
    I've restarted it a few times... Also done a partial erase... Searched for drivers... Threw some things...

Thanks anyways light, glad you got yours working again.
    delete cookies cache history. worked for me. on pre that is
  7.    #7  
    That didn't seem to work either.

I guess I will try and purchase another cable, although mine is in good condition.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    This has started happening to me also.
    I wonder if a homebrew app is causing this???

Recent ones (most recent at top) I have installed with filecoaster are:

Timepiece (USB not recognized before this install)
    FriendsFlow
    QuickQueue
    Twee
    DietTrac
    My Tether
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
  9.    #9  
    I don't think that it is a homebrew app, since the reason I was connecting my pre to my computer was to install homebrew apps. I don't have any yet...
    it seems I have same problem with new Palm Pre I got from O2 in UK. USB charges but windows not recognising device. Read there may be problems which can sometimes work by reinserting the USB cable (original one from Palm)?

Any help out there?
  11.    #11  
    Chirurgie, the cause of my problem was the cable. I purchased a higher quality USB to micro cable and that completely solved my problem. It seems Palm skimped on the quality of the cable, I first lost data, and after awhile the Palm cable wouldn't even charge my phone. Palm offered to reimburse me for the cable. One last note, my new cable charges my phone considerably faster.
    I am having the same problem. I was making ringtones for a my Pre when I realized my laptop and Pre were not syncing with each other. I've never had this problem until today. I googled it and realized more people were having this same problem. I'm not sure what to do and have not come across a solution. It worked not too long ago, but today it doesn't work. I don't believe it's my cable because I purchased two cables and they both are having the same issue, I restarted my Pre a few times and have restarted my laptop a few times, and it still doesn't work. I hope Palm fixes this issue soon. :\
    Try a different computer and see if you still have a problem. If you still see the problem, at least you've ruled out your computer as a possible source of the problem.
    I can connect my pre to my desktop at home and at work but on my laptop the found new hardware wizard comes up and asks for the driver location. Bummer since the laptop is what i need to connect to.
    Just ran across this today. Same problem. It was detected on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I am on Windows 7:
    1. Unplugged the Pre from system.
    2. Deleted all usb root hubs 1 at a time from device manager.(careful if you have usb keyboard/mouse! they will stop working at this point!) I had to use ps2 keyboard to key around for the final steps.
    3. Deleted all USB host controllers from device manager.
    4. ran Scan for hardware changes from device manager.

Everything reinstalled and now my pre is recognized again on my PC (WHEW!)
    What I had to do to get mine back up was this:
    Go to services in your start window. (You can either do a search or through the control panel.)
    Go to: Palm Novacom (if you have webos quick installer)
    Make sure it is not started. If it is right click and select stop.
    I was able to get mine to register once that was off. Hope this helps!
    THIS METHOD WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!! THANKS Jmarshall11

"
    Just ran across this today. Same problem. It was detected on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I am on Windows 7:
    1. Unplugged the Pre from system.
    2. Deleted all usb root hubs 1 at a time from device manager.(careful if you have usb keyboard/mouse! they will stop working at this point!) I had to use ps2 keyboard to key around for the final steps.
    3. Deleted all USB host controllers from device manager.
    4. ran Scan for hardware changes from device manager.

Everything reinstalled and now my pre is recognized again on my PC (WHEW!)
    "
    Well, I tried the whole "service manager" thing, and discovered it was started, but unfortunately it did not recognize the device after I had stopped it. I'm going to test the USB Cable fix, but this is pretty frustrating. If it is the cable, I'm not going to be too happy that I'm going to end up replacing something that came with the phone and should work properly...
    same prob happened to me...just reinstalling novacomp through the webosquickinstall option menu had mines up and running again.
    My Pre is doing the same thing. I've tried everything in this thread for a fix, and NOTHING works. The only thing I haven't done is buy a new USB cable.. Has Palm even acknowledged this problem yet?

Edit: Just noticed I bumped a two month old thread, and wanted to apologize since there's probably other thread about this issue. Google led me to this thread. I blame them. >.>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast