1.    #1  
    I dropped my Treo 755p a million times and no problems.

I've only dropped my Pre twice and now I'll need to get it replaced a second time. Has anyone had similar problems?

I love the Pre and especially the browser but I think for how I use my phones its probably not the right hardware for me yet.

I'd grab the iPhone if I wasn't going to get gauged by Apple/AT&T. I think BlackBerry will probably be my best option.

Does anyone have any opinion on any other smartphones that might be better to suit my needs? I'm not a Pre basher by any means just at this time the hardware isn't right for me.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Do you have the Touchstone back? That definitely helps with grip.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I've had it since day one
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I dropped my Treo 755p a million times and no problems.

I've only dropped my Pre twice and now I'll need to get it replaced a second time. Has anyone had similar problems?

I love the Pre and especially the browser but I think for how I use my phones its probably not the right hardware for me yet.

I'd grab the iPhone if I wasn't going to get gauged by Apple/AT&T. I think BlackBerry will probably be my best option.

Does anyone have any opinion on any other smartphones that might be better to suit my needs? I'm not a Pre basher by any means just at this time the hardware isn't right for me.
    I think all the new smartphones are way to thin and fragile. I am a guy with big hands and I don't need a thin, fragile phone. I use to have a 700 and like you said, the older phones were much more durable.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

dont drop ur phone man lol ha ha j/k anyways get one of those invisible shield screen protectors for the whole phone i hear they help with grip alot
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-innocase.html here get one of these they work with the touchstone still and i have one and it helps with my grip on the phone soo..
    The slick surface on the original Pre gave me heart palpitations, I only dropped it twice and fortunately neither one caused any damage. I replaced the battery cover with one from Seidio that came with my 2600 extended battery. This has a slightly grippy coating that makes holding it feel secure. Not even any serious dropping scares since I started using it. Of course, it doesn't work with a touchstone as you describe. But if you have the 2600 battery you may not need a touchstone!

On the other hand, I seem to remember reading that the touchstone battery cover is different. So it may have a similar grippy stuff on it.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

I am with V so I do not yet have a Pre. However, can't you buy a e grip for the Pre? If they do not make one for the Pre, can't you buy a multi purpose one and use it for the back of the phone? Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    they do make an e-grip for the pre as well
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    i guess its like anything tech.....just have to be careful.