Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    My phone has been off the charger for about five hours now. In that time, I've spent about an hour on the phone, sent a dozen text messages, added a memo, checked email, etc. and it is still showing at 100% charge. The only thing that is different today is that I updated the WebOS QuickInstall and added a few more tweaks. My signal strength is only at two bars. I know it must be using battery. Anyone else see this issue?
    Have you tried shutting it down and removing the battery?
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yep.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    maybe you have a REAAAALLLLLYYY long range touchstone?

What darreno said sounds right though. First do a [orange]+[sym]+[R] reset and see if that fixes the problem
    Funny, I just noticed the same thing and I applied most of those tweaks today also
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Since posting I've now dropped to 98% but that was after another restart just for kicks and giggles.
    Out of curiosity, what tweaks did you two apply today?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    4X4, Landscape mode, forward messages. I think those were the only changes made today.
    This sounds like a good thing! I guess you will know if it is a bad thing when it shuts off on you while still at 98%...but 5 hours in? Cool.
    Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.....
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Battery fountain of youth, sell it!
    Odd. I'd push it to the limit and see if its actual duration matches the meter readings.

In other words, I wouldn't charge it (assuming you've got an extra battery/charger on-hand to meet your needs should it die all-of-a-sudden at 76%) until it runs darn-near all the way down.

That's one way to see if your meter speaks with forked tongue.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I haven't tried to suck it dry but I'm at 84% after using my phone all day as usual today. I do have a spare battery so maybe I'll see just how low I can go! It's very strange but I'm not complaining.
    Please keep us updated!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    You sure you didn't install the extended battery? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I haven't tried to suck it dry but I'm at 84% after using my phone all day as usual today. I do have a spare battery so maybe I'll see just how low I can go! It's very strange but I'm not complaining.
    Jealous. Very jealous. Best I can do is about 3% per hour if I do absolutely nothing with BT and GPS off.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I'm having a similar problem where it will stay on a certain percent for a WHILE, I guess it's a bug with that tweak because when I click on that number and get the dropdown with date battery wifi bluetooth and airplane mode it says the right percentage and the number next to the battery (the tweak) updates accordingly. Hopefully that gets resolved soon because there isn't much of a point to a percentage indicator that tells the percentage that was left the LAST TIME you checked.
    Mine is doing the same thing...pressing the bar updates the percentge right away....
    did you guys use the "Battery % in top header" tweek? i wanna see what tweek NOT to install, lol.
    yeah thats the one. Not sure if its an issue with the install or not. Ill take it off and remove it tomorrow...must sleep
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast